Trafalgar Square the Night before Wembley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trafalgar Square the Night before Wembley

So Sunlun are in the Division Three play-off final tomorrow so I imagine that Trafalgar Square is currently teeming with Mackems in the fountains and cavorting on the lions, as is the fashion with us and them.

I believe Scotland fans have been known to do this too. Is it a thing for other groups of fans?

Are Westminster Council always taken by surprise by it, or do they ever lay on any extra toilets out of their tourism budget?

Man knows his neighbours

[URL="https://twitter.com/scottwilsonecho/status/1132380940343418880?s=21"]https://twitter.com/scottwilsonecho/...343418880?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Did anyone see the lad dive into the fountain not realising it was about a foot deep? Emerged with a cracked head and blood pouring everywhere. Fucking idiot.

As a rule I avoid places where the main group of fans congregate. I don't enjoy the atmosphere, I don't like the ballooning and bouncing about. Unless it's on my terms, obv. So that gathering looks like hell to me. Find a nice quiet bar somewhere off the main drag and set up camp there instead.

Comment

Yes, that's my strategy too, especially on foreign trips when the venue is a pub or bar. The atmosphere can be good but getting a drink is murder and if the locals want a row that will be where they head to.

Comment

I've spent thirty years of away trips within the UK and further afield realising large groups Cardiff or Wales supporters were in earshot and immediately going in the opposite direction with the rest of my travelling companions.

Comment

Dortmund fans seemed to gather at Piccadilly Circus when they were in the Champions League final a couple of years ago. But there were so many of them in the city that I imagine they were also packing out Trafagar Square.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
              Yes, that's my strategy too, especially on foreign trips when the venue is a pub or bar. The atmosphere can be good but getting a drink is murder and if the locals want a row that will be where they head to.
              Me too. Add to that the local plod hanging about in numbers and itching for a chance to create a situation out of nothing - after a walk past to see if there's anyone I know on the fringes, I want to be as far away as possible.

Comment

Working...
              X