• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem was he was shit.

Comment

There's that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
        You sounded good, Sam. That's a fine radio voice that you possess.
        Originally posted by beak View Post
        Congratulations! Did you get a dildo in the ear?
        Hadn't come on this thread until just now, but thanks gents. No, beak, unfortunately I was denied that right of passage ... this time.

Comment

Steven Defour is returning to Belgium, with the last 10 months of his contract cancelled.

By far the most talented player I've ever seen in a Clarets shirt, unfortunately injury robbed us of seeing him play more often. I have no idea how he ended up at the Turf in the first place - it was kind of like walking into the Miners WMC and finding Angelina Jolie at the bar giving you the eyes. It couldn't possibly last but by God it was going to be fun while it did.

At least we'll always have this.

https://twitter.com/NoNayNeverUTC/status/1167911678555512834

Comment

By far the most talented player I've ever seen in a Clarets shirt, unfortunately injury robbed us of seeing him play more often. I have no idea how he ended up at the Turf in the first place

That's not that much of a mystery. Burnley are a rich club by european standards It's more of a puzzle as to why he spent the two years before that at anderlecht.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              There was a delightful rumour/gag going around Wimbledon twitter last week that Nesta Guinness-Walker was Alec Guinness's great-grandson.

I can't verify the claim but am certainly going to promulgate it throughout his time with The Dons.
              So, if IMDB is to be believed the above is true. There is great excitement that, if the rumours of a loan striker signing from Brentford are reliable, then Forss will be with him.

https://twitter.com/_DanMason/status/1164497633706151936?s=20

Comment

Mkhitaryan buggers off to Roma on loan, with an option/plea to buy. He joins Alexis in trying to rebuild his career in Italy after that nightmare of a transfer/swap, which only really worked for the players/agents bank balances.

Comment

I was already wondering why Emery wasted a substitution and 23 minutes of playing time bringing on Mkhitaryan in their derby yesterday before this news.

It's not as if any performance of his in recent times would "put him in the shop window" is it?

Comment

I was already wondering why Emery wasted a substitution and 23 minutes of playing time bringing on Mkhitaryan in their derby yesterday before this news.

It's not as if any performance of his in recent times would "put him in the shop window" is it?
                    Yet, some were claiming he was the reason Arsenal did not win the Europa league, like he was going to play anyway.......

Comment

Barry Town have signed Sion Spence, another Cardiff academy player on loan AND re-signed Mo Touray from Newport on a season long loan after his month loan in Torquay expired.

Mo Mo, Mo Mo Mo Mo Mo, Mo Mo Mo Mo, Mo Mo Touray!!

Comment

Bolton have brought nine players in today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony C View Post
                          Bolton have brought nine players in today.
                          Meaning the five teams who have already played them have ended up with a significant advantage over everyone who hasn't.

Comment

Meaning the five teams who have already played them have ended up with a significant advantage over everyone who hasn't.
                            Well, only if they can actually pay them.

The deal isn't totally done yet and everything could still fall apart.

Comment

Is there any site where one could easily measure the propensity for certain clubs to conduct transfer business between each other?

Ever since Wimbledon have been back in the league there seems to have been a constant exchange of players between them, Southend and Gillingham.

It's probably not that unusual given that those two clubs are probably the closest ones to The Dons geographically who have been around the same level over that period but it seems extremely pronounced, like the clubs were twinned with each other.
                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-10-2019, 11:46.

Comment

Transfermarkt has the data, though it isn't collated.

The concentration doesn't seem as strong as you sense it is, though Gilingham and Leatherhead do feature regularly.

Comment

Ah, you've made me realise that maybe what I'm really looking for is a measurement of how many Wimbledon players have previously played for Southend and/or Gillingham (and vice versa) rather than direct transfers between them - though those are pretty common.

Comment

Ah, that's rather more difficult.

One could write a query on FBReference that should work, but they currently only cover top flight clubs. I don't know if a way to get that data without examining the record of each individual squad member.

Comment

Is there any site where one could easily measure the propensity for certain clubs to conduct transfer business between each other?
                                      Just transfers or loans too? We've been parking players with Wycombe for several years. Mainly I think because Gareth Ainsworth has a strong connection with us.

Comment

Here's the data on that for QPR.

Just this season, two arrivals from Wycombe (both at the end of loans) and three departures in their direction (two on loan).

Comment

Working...
                                        X