No announcement yet.

Onopko Hoegaarden-Cashews : Summer Transfers 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Leicester can sell Maguire to Man United for £80m and buy Lewis Dunk for £45m to replace him, well I'm perfectly happy with the idea.

Comment

See that's exactly the sort of comment that people shouldn't be able to make.

Also Why would leicester spend £45 million on Robin, when they could buy batman for half as much.
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 15-07-2019, 23:44.

Comment

You've added a year to Maguire's age, Berba. I mean I'm not totally convinced he's the absolute best option either, but the statement that he's 27 and a half years old isn't true.

Comment

Fabien Delph could be an excellent buy for Everton. He's a very decent top flight player who actually had a really good season at left back in 2017/18 until replaced there by another adapted midfielder - Zinchenko - last season. If Everton can keep him him fit and give him a run of games he'll do well, although injury has been an issue throughout his career. Wish him well, though, apparently a really nice guy.

Comment

West Ham in for Sebastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt for an amount. Heaven knows we need a striker (again!).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              You've added a year to Maguire's age, Berba. I mean I'm not totally convinced he's the absolute best option either, but the statement that he's 27 and a half years old isn't true.
              D'oh. That's annoying now. So you can add Steve bruce and Ashley young and ronnie johnsen to the list.

Comment

Ravel Morrison signs for Sheffield United. Just a one year contract, so low risk.

Comment

I think Morrison became my youngest ever OIHSP?! entrant when I saw that story earlier today.

Comment

He must surely be on his ninth footballing life by now

Comment

Considering the stories of drink soused behaviour and lack of professionalism I've heard about say Robbie Keane, just how unprofessional and chaotic must Ravel be, considering he has way more talent than Unnamed Player?

Comment

Trippier to Atlético Madrid?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Apprently so.

Seems to have been attracting a lot of interest on the Continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                            Considering the stories of drink soused behaviour and lack of professionalism I've heard about say Robbie Keane, just how unprofessional and chaotic must Ravel be, considering he has way more talent than Unnamed Player?
                            Well, he was on trial for threatening a witness. I would consider that pretty serious. The circumstances he grew up in apparently were an indictment of modern british society, and the cruelty of class warfare in an urban setting. He seemed to exhibit a lot of the signs of having been traumatized quite badly as a child, and he was apparently basically unsocialized, and had enormous difficulties with any sort of authority, to the degree that is going to ruin your life. The only reason he made it past the age of 14 at the club was because he moved and played like thierry henry. I watched a bunch of those FA youth cup games and it was like watching a 25 year old playing against 17 year olds. The problem comes when you reach a point where you are up against full grown opponents, and the game becomes a lot more about linking up with your teammates, seemingly pointless hard work in pursuit of the higher on pitch goal, and to a large degree submitting your own desires to that of the collective. This is a serious filter when it comes to deciding who will make it and who won't. All those court cases, and other incidents that were undoubtedly smoothed over behind the scenes by the club, that would have seen any non-footballer sent to jail, are a really bad sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              Well none of the other clubs in the top six are interested in him, and spurs can do better. This is altogether a more positive move for him than say going to Everton who are a club of similar resources. He might learn a lot, if that's the sort of player he is.

Comment

i think raiola got 11 million out of it, but juve is paying that apparently

mathijs de ligt and his father are idiots. de ligt could have gone wherever he wanted but raiola needed him to go to juve

11 million for helping fuck up his client's career. he's a great man, raiola

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                  Unidentified fan

Comment

That's the bunny! Knew I'd not got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                      i think raiola got 11 million out of it, but juve is paying that apparently

mathijs de ligt and his father are idiots. de ligt could have gone wherever he wanted but raiola needed him to go to juve

11 million for helping fuck up his client's career. he's a great man, raiola
                                      That seems.....very low. Juventus are publicly traded aren't they? I assume we'll find out the figure eventually. I'm not sure that this is going to necessarily harm de ligt. A year or two in italy might help toughen him up and get him ready for the next move. He has the odd mistake in him yet, and maybe he can iron that out. at his age the different style of playing might help make him a more complete defender. 23 wouldn't be a bad age to move to England or barcelona.
                                      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 17-07-2019, 00:20.

Comment

They are publicly traded, but the accounts aren't completely transparent.

There is a buyout clause starting in year three.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

That seems.....very low. Juventus are publicly traded aren't they? I assume we'll find out the figure eventually. I'm not sure that this is going to necessarily harm de ligt. A year or two in italy might help toughen him up and get him ready for the next move. He has the odd mistake in him yet, and maybe he can iron that out. at his age the different style of playing might help make him a more complete defender. 23 wouldn't be a bad age to move to England or barcelona.
                                          I agree with Berbaslug. A couple of seasons alongside the likes of Chielini and Bonuci learning the dark arts of Itallian defending is just what he needs by now. It's a low pressure environment where he can easily pick up silverware and his mistakes won't cost his team big time. By season three, his buyout clause will be a reasonable amount allowing himself to move to Europe's best (no doubt after a good performance at the 2022 world cup). It is smart career planning. Real and Barca both need a defensive overhaul with Ramos and Pique getting to the end of their careers. If he goes there and has a bad start, it could derail his career as it gets going. Sanchez at Spurs is imporving playing alongside experienced defenders and its doing him no harm (and ironing out the kinks in his game)

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post

Well none of the other clubs in the top six are interested in him, and spurs can do better. This is altogether a more positive move for him than say going to Everton who are a club of similar resources. He might learn a lot, if that's the sort of player he is.
                                            Good Riddance, never rated the coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                              If Leicester can sell Maguire to Man United for £80m and buy Lewis Dunk for £45m to replace him, well I'm perfectly happy with the idea.
                                              I'd rather they sell Maguire to Man United for £80m and replace him with one or both of the highly rated centre backs they bought last summer, especially considering Rodgers should know more about Benkovic than anyone else at Leicester. But they need to have a proper go for top 6 and/or a cup this season due to the likelihood of losing 1+ big players next summer, so the question is would Benkovic/Soyunlu, Dunk or whoever be the best bet for that? Managing this balancing act is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I agree with Berbaslug. A couple of seasons alongside the likes of Chielini and Bonuci learning the dark arts of Itallian defending is just what he needs by now. It's a low pressure environment where he can easily pick up silverware and his mistakes won't cost his team big time. By season three, his buyout clause will be a reasonable amount allowing himself to move to Europe's best (no doubt after a good performance at the 2022 world cup). It is smart career planning. Real and Barca both need a defensive overhaul with Ramos and Pique getting to the end of their careers. If he goes there and has a bad start, it could derail his career as it gets going. Sanchez at Spurs is imporving playing alongside experienced defenders and its doing him no harm (and ironing out the kinks in his game)
                                                well the other thing is that it's going to help him to play for a bit, in a team that doesn't average 3.5 league goals a game. The way he plays, would suggest that he has no problem learning new things, and it might help make him a more rounded defender. That thing about the risks of a bad start is the big one that he's avoiding though.

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                                I'd rather they sell Maguire to Man United for £80m and replace him with one or both of the highly rated centre backs they bought last summer, especially considering Rodgers should know more about Benkovic than anyone else at Leicester. But they need to have a proper go for top 6 and/or a cup this season due to the likelihood of losing 1+ big players next summer, so the question is would Benkovic/Soyunlu, Dunk or whoever be the best bet for that? Managing this balancing act is the key.
                                                You want your club to replace a star player by giving a chance to one of the two 23 year old international centre halves you bought last season for £35 million, rather than spending £45 million on a pretty basic centre half who isn't quite as good as shane duffy? what a weirdo!

Comment

Barry Town have signed Keyon Reffell from Hereford. He has former Welsh domestic experience and was a Cardiff City youngster. He's 28. A couple of weeks back they signed up Eli Phipps from Weston Super Mare.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X