Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenlander
    replied
    Sorry Giggler, but the worse kept secret in Devon has finally been confirmed.

I don't know if and when he was last paid by Bury but considering he's been the leading candidate for the last month it's saved us a months salary.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Ryan Lowe has been appointed as the new Plymouth manager.

Leave a comment:

• 3 Colours Red
    replied
    Well, he certainly knows how to work at a basket-case club and they don't get much more basket-casey than Inter.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Antonio Conte is the new Inter boss.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    We've still not appointed a successor to Graham Potter, the last favourite for the job was Michael Appleton. We've had about half a dozen favourites so far.

I'd give it to Cameron Toshack and try to keep going with the work that Potter started, anyone else is a huge gamble, like Flynn of Newport, or would only be using the club as a stepping stone.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Even the man who made the appointment appears to be considering boycotting the club over it;

Scally appoints Evans as Gillingham boss and considers own future as chairman

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    My reaction is much the same as when Mark Hughes was appointed Soton manager in that I can't believe Evans hasn't already managed Gillingham.

I have to say it seems a perfect fit but then I've never liked The Gills, sorry Alderman.

Leave a comment:

• jwdd27
    replied
    There was a risk of Evans pitching up at Scunthorpe due to his links with our Chief Exec Jim Rodwell, who stood by him at Boston despite his criminal conviction.
    But thankfully it seems he was second choice to Hurst, whose appointment is documented in my original managerial appointments thread.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Isn't there some running gag on Football Weekly about buying up Gillingham and turning them into a team full of shithouses? Maybe someone got started.

Leave a comment:

• RobW
    replied
    Gillingham now my second least favourite club in League 1 (after MK, naturally).

Lincoln have just put out an official statement saying that no formal approach has been made for the Cowleys from WBA or Boro. Would be a massive risk for club and manager I think. Suspect they'll have one more season with us.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
    It's been rumoured for months but:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

It's like a plague ship hoving into port. What do you do when he turns up at your club?
    Fortunately I've never had to concern myself with such a dilemma, but having seen his shitty behaviour as an opposition manager for both Boston and Crawley on top of his crimes whilst manager of the former I would not put a penny into the hands of any club that employed him, including my own.

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    Steve Evans: Gillingham
    Well that's my third least favourite club for next season sorted then.

Leave a comment:

• Alderman Barnes
    replied
    It's been rumoured for months but:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

It's like a plague ship hoving into port. What do you do when he turns up at your club?

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Steve Evans: Gillingham

Leave a comment:

• tee rex
    replied
    His character supports Wimbledon:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...aracters/page2

So maybe he has a thing for reborn clubs climbing the pyramid.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    Alun Armstrong, Darlington
    Well, he's local. And he has shown a previous interest in the sport. But that is still an unexpected bit of casting there...

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Graham Potter - Brighton.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    started a topic Appointed managers 2019/20

Appointed managers 2019/20

Alun Armstrong, Darlington
Working...
X