• Show
Clear All

Appointed managers 2019/20

Alun Armstrong, Darlington

Graham Potter - Brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      Alun Armstrong, Darlington
      Well, he's local. And he has shown a previous interest in the sport. But that is still an unexpected bit of casting there...

Comment

His character supports Wimbledon:

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/for...aracters/page2

So maybe he has a thing for reborn clubs climbing the pyramid.

Comment

Steve Evans: Gillingham

Comment

It's been rumoured for months but:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

It's like a plague ship hoving into port. What do you do when he turns up at your club?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
              Steve Evans: Gillingham
              Well that's my third least favourite club for next season sorted then.

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman Barnes View Post
                It's been rumoured for months but:

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!

It's like a plague ship hoving into port. What do you do when he turns up at your club?
                Fortunately I've never had to concern myself with such a dilemma, but having seen his shitty behaviour as an opposition manager for both Boston and Crawley on top of his crimes whilst manager of the former I would not put a penny into the hands of any club that employed him, including my own.

Comment

Gillingham now my second least favourite club in League 1 (after MK, naturally).

Lincoln have just put out an official statement saying that no formal approach has been made for the Cowleys from WBA or Boro. Would be a massive risk for club and manager I think. Suspect they'll have one more season with us.

Comment

Isn't there some running gag on Football Weekly about buying up Gillingham and turning them into a team full of shithouses? Maybe someone got started.

Comment

There was a risk of Evans pitching up at Scunthorpe due to his links with our Chief Exec Jim Rodwell, who stood by him at Boston despite his criminal conviction.
                      But thankfully it seems he was second choice to Hurst, whose appointment is documented in my original managerial appointments thread.

Comment

My reaction is much the same as when Mark Hughes was appointed Soton manager in that I can't believe Evans hasn't already managed Gillingham.

I have to say it seems a perfect fit but then I've never liked The Gills, sorry Alderman.

Comment

Even the man who made the appointment appears to be considering boycotting the club over it;

Scally appoints Evans as Gillingham boss and considers own future as chairman

Comment

We've still not appointed a successor to Graham Potter, the last favourite for the job was Michael Appleton. We've had about half a dozen favourites so far.

I'd give it to Cameron Toshack and try to keep going with the work that Potter started, anyone else is a huge gamble, like Flynn of Newport, or would only be using the club as a stepping stone.

Comment

Antonio Conte is the new Inter boss.

Comment

Well, he certainly knows how to work at a basket-case club and they don't get much more basket-casey than Inter.

Comment

Ryan Lowe has been appointed as the new Plymouth manager.

Comment

Sorry Giggler, but the worse kept secret in Devon has finally been confirmed.

I don't know if and when he was last paid by Bury but considering he's been the leading candidate for the last month it's saved us a months salary.

Comment

Working...
                                    X