Hurst Among Equals? Summer managerial moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurst Among Equals? Summer managerial moves

Paul Hurst appointed at Scunthorpe, which is good news as long as Ipswich didn't break him.

Scunny will be organised and very, very fit. Don't expect to score loads of goals, but I'll be happy to put 50p on auto-promotion next season.

Comment

So that means that two out-of-work managers linked with Argyle have gone elsewhere. We seem to think that we may be able to nab someone from the division we've just vacated either Graham Coughlan from Bristol Rovers or Bury's Ryan Lowe.

Comment

Catching up on the last MOTD of the season and heard that Scott Parker has been given the Fulham job.

Comment

Walsall have appointed Darrell Clarke. Did brilliantly for Bristol Rovers, so could be a great appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
            Paul Hurst appointed at Scunthorpe, which is good news as long as Ipswich didn't break him.
            It was the other way around. Hurst's a cunt, and his assistant manager Doig is a bullying cunt.

Still, this means the Iron can change their name from Shorpe United.

Comment

In the build up to the final game of the season Luton announced the appointment of Graeme Jones, assistant to Roberto Martinez at Swansea, Wigan, Everton & Belgium and to Darren Moore at WBA (although plenty of suggestion Jones was in the driving seat with Darren Moore the ceremonial club legend).

Seems like a strong appointment on the surface, he fits the boards template of having a forward thinking, possession based attacking approach and whom is highly thought of in coaching circles. He talks a very good game and has the massive advantage of apparently already being on the payroll unannounced for two months doing Mick Harford's Head of Recruitment roll while the latter lead us to the League One title. That, his experience of the Championship last year and the momentum the club has at the moment will hopefully give us a strong start to what is going to be a difficult season with I would imagine the smallest budget in the league.

Comment

We are being linked with:

Sol Campbell
                Kenny Shiels
                Lee Clark

I'm not exactly overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe View Post

Sol Campbell
                  Kenny Shiels
                  Lee Clark

Why on earth does Lee Clark still get linked with jobs?

Comment

Sol Campbell
                    Kenny Shiels
                    Lee Clark

And who are "we"?

Comment

Oldham. Forgot it wasn't in my profile anymore.

Comment

Potter to Brighton. Can I be the 9494th person to say "Coleman to Swansea"?

Comment

Sol Campbell
                          Kenny Shiels
                          Lee Clark
                          Shiels and Clark are off the radar now. Campbell has been joined by Graham Barrow and two more left-field candidates:
                          Pablo Correa - linked with us last year as well. Uruguayan ex-striker who played at Nancy with Cascarino. Former manager of Nancy and Auxerre.
                          Andries Jonker - Dutch ex-boss of Wolfsburg, assistant manager and caretaker at Bayern, assistant manager at Barcelona, and former head of Arsenal's academy. Interesting.
                          Not sure why either would find a basketcase League 2 club with a domineering owner an appealing job.

Comment

Adkins has left Hull as he feels his and the club's "futures are not aligned". Although if they'd offered him more money I'm sure they would have been more compatible.
                            He'll be first in the frame for whichever Championship club panic-sacks their manager in September.

Meanwhile Sarri leaves Chelsea for Juventus. He was a strangely successful failure there.

Comment

Yes, I wanted Sarri to stay but I'm not that bothered that he's off. It's generally a wise idea not to get too attached to a manager if you're a Chelsea fan.

I suppose that Lampard will be linked with the job but I'm not keen. Seems to early, though obviously I'd be happy to be proved wrong. Gracia's name has popped up a few times.

Comment

Graham Barrow has joined Shrewsbury as assistant manager. That could be a very shrewd (aha!) appointment because Sam Ricketts could use some experience around him.

Comment

Working...
                                X