Two Own Goals Conceded By The Same Team In The Same Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Own Goals Conceded By The Same Team In The Same Game

1985-86 League Cup SF. Liverpool v QPR 2nd leg: 2-2, Whelan o.g., Gillespie o.g. All four goals in the game coming from Liverpool players. Any parallels?

Chris Nicholl is out on his own on this one, I think.

Comment

Quite famously (but perhaps not as famously as I thought), in Aston Villa's game against Leicester in 1976, all the goals were scored by Chris Nicholl.

edit: see above

Comment

The main reason why Michael Proctor's name rang a bell when he signed for Wrexham is that I remember him doing this when he was at Sunderland (playing against Charlton in a 3-1 defeat in 2003 as it happens).

Comment

Jamie Carragher and Michael Duberry have each scored two own goals in one match. The latter scored in the right net as well and allegedly it was a perfect hat trick.

Comment

About ten years ago, Hanover scored three for Borussia Mönchengladbach.

Comment

Jon Walters did it against Chelsea in a 4-0 defeat in 2013 - he also missed a pen in that game as well.

Comment

Den Haag also scored three for Wolves.

Comment

Now-managerless Brighton managed three OGs against Liverpool in the FA Cup a few years back:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17001835

The top-flight record appears to be four, however - Catania conceded that many in a 5-0 defeat at Inter Milan in 1961:

(Warning: sound levels are strangely high for this video.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8dJZpNKwFw

Comment

When it's as high as 4 out of 5 all in one direction, you'd think the alarm bells might have rung at the Italian FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                      Jamie Carragher and Michael Duberry have each scored two own goals in one match. The latter scored in the right net as well and allegedly it was a perfect hat trick.
                      Carragher playing against Manchester United of all teams.

Comment

Argyle 4-1 Wrexham 1994. I don't know if it was the same player but they were both headers, one of which was a bullet from outside the penalty area. Mickey Quinn was playing one of his three games for us. That's all I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Definitely a perfect hat trick!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                            The main reason why Michael Proctor's name rang a bell when he signed for Wrexham is that I remember him doing this when he was at Sunderland (playing against Charlton in a 3-1 defeat in 2003 as it happens).
                            Not only that, all three Charlton goals were OGs, and all three went in within the space of 7 minutes!

https://youtu.be/Glqkyw8A43k

Surprised that one didn't get an FA investigation, although I suppose it was Sunderland after all...

Comment

Working...
                            X