Evra v Suárez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evra v Suárez

You blamed Evra for people thinking that Suarez is a racist. That is just bizarre.

Comment

Evra v Suárez

G.Man wrote:
      You blamed Evra for people thinking that Suarez is a racist. That is just bizarre.
      No, I didn't. I blame the FA panel's findings. Which were based on Evra's accusations.

Comment

Evra v Suárez

Does anybody remember Shanklyboy and Bona Fide?

Comment

Evra v Suárez

The guy that was Shanklyboy on RAWK died last year - pretty well-known, as I understand. No idea whether it was the same person that appeared on here.

Comment

Evra v Suárez

No, I didn't. I blame the FA panel's findings. Which were based on Evra's accusations.

but you believe that evra made it all up and is playing the race card all because suarez wouldn't apologize.

Comment

Evra v Suárez

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:

but you believe that evra made it all up and is playing the race card all because suarez wouldn't apologize.
              it's really interesting when evidence is supplied you just mistate the position. No one is saying that Evra made it all up. Moolag and I (for very different reasons) are saying it's possible that he made some of it up, or misheard some of it.

a) there is still no testimony as to what was or was not said on the pitch which confirms how often Suarez said what he said, or indeed what Evra said in response. Nobody has testified to what they heard of the original conversations, only what they were told.
              b) we know it's easy not to hear things on a football pitch and on that football pitch many things were misheard or not heard at all.
              c) there were subsequent misstatements and errors on both sides in the evidence given at the tribunal.
              d) Evra clearly understood what Suarez was saying to be considerably more offensive than he later conceded it to be and was upset by that mishearing..
              e) the FA tribunal, process, which has a 99.5% conviction rate, does not on the face of it have a good record for judging a case on its merits.

But carry on putting words into people's mouths, why don't you?

Comment

Evra v Suárez

No one is saying that Evra made it all up.

Luis suarez and liverpool are. They're saying that he deliberately misrepresented one incident, and has massively amplified by saying it happened more often than it did.

How else can you get from "I said Negro in a friendly way as I pinched him in a friendly way and patted his head" to "He said it 7 times."

It's also a necessary part of believing that luis suarez's defence isn't total gibberish.

Comment

Patrice Evra: Jame Carragher apologises for Luis Suarez t-shirts

Comment

Respect to Carragher.

Comment

Working...
                    X