No announcement yet.

It's a knockout! Playoffs 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Donny win through at The Valley tonight, then all six semis will've been won by the lower finishing club.

Comment

Good game this so far, far better than last nights. Donny playing some nice stuff but I fear they're going to get hit by a counter attacking sucker punch at some point.

Comment

Yet another home second leg not going to plan.

Comment

4-4 and counting ...

Comment

C'mon Donny. Don't let that racist twat Bowyer get to the final.

Comment

Feck

Comment

Charlton win. BBC text commentary says Doncaster. You had one job ...

Comment

I think we've discussed already in this thread that whoever is providing the BBC (and others) with these updates has got glitches, especially on penalty shootouts. I was speaking to a bloke at a match a few weeks ago who still thought Eastleigh had beaten Salford on penalties 36 hours after the event because that's what all the outlets reported.

On more serious matters, I've already sent Uros commiserations for Donny's exit direct but I'll repeat them here. It sounds like he had a whale of a time though, both tonight and this evening, whatever the ultimate outcome.

Comment

I wonder if any club can beat Oxford's record: in the 33 seasons of football league playoffs, Oxford have been in a division that was involved for 29 of those seasons (including two top flight seasons when there was still a relegation playoff), and yet *never ever* made it into the football league playoffs.

(They spent the other 4 seasons in the conference, and made the conference playoffs twice, of course, but that's different.)

Comment

Originally posted by laverte View Post
                      i live in Southsea but quite close to Fratton Park (just off Albert Road). i can hear the crowd whenever the wind blows from the north or east but it's not far. Tonight is the first time i've heard it on the seafront and in the centre of Southsea.

i get the impression the place has changed a lot in the past few years. The wind, though, remains.
                      I've lived in different parts of Southsea over the past 20-odd years. Fratton Park can be heard pretty much anywhere - it all depends on the wind.

I currently live in Eastney and can hear the ground most matchdays.

At risk of going off-topic, I'm curious as to what you think has changed in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post

"Big club" depends what somebody means by that. I mean, there are currently many bigger than us at the moment, but how big is big? Where's the boundary? What's the criteria? In terms of recent playing record, absolutely not. This wanders into the territory ad hoc was walking in earlier and I'll opine more about it later.
                        I still intend to opine on "Big Club", but in the meantime, here's two surveys made by, or reported on by, Talksport that may get the discussion going. What do you think of the criteria? Are you surprised by any of the details about attendances, social media followings, shirt sales, etc?

https://talksport.com/football/32029...-171207264732/ (this 2017 effort seems to be the most recent on GB clubs)

https://talksport.com/football/49276...celona-celtic/

Comment

Sunday playoff final at St Mirren. As expected, no chance of a ticket but I appear to be fucked for tv as Sunderland play at the same time and no Newcastle pub is going to deny their regulars the chance to bay vile abuse of a Sunday afternoon.
                          So, since it’s a bank hol I’m contemplating a night away with the compensator a country walk for Ms F.
                          Anyone know which hotel chains have BT in the rooms as standard? If I have to rely on pub viewing I’ll head north but not convinced even Borders pubs would be guaranteed to prefer the Scottish playoff.

Comment

If anyone wants to rock up at Wembley tomorrow I have a single ticket that could be yours for (and I quote) "Pint and a packet of nik naks. Scampi of course".

First come, first served. Just let me know.

Comment

I see that Ben Pringle's gone orange...

Comment

Apparently there's been 33 attempts at goal so far...

Comment

It's nice of Tranmere to let their grandad play.

Comment

Finally.

Comment

Come on tranmere, "Wirral" rooting for you.

(I don't actually mind who wins, just wanted to lob that shit pun)

Comment

Sorry HORN, no New York for you next season. You'll be there soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
                                          Come on tranmere, "Wirral" rooting for you.

(I don't actually mind who wins, just wanted to lob that shit pun)
                                          I was hoping for a goal after a crisp shot from Pringle.

Commiserations Horn, was looking forward to the chance to visit Rodney Parade again next season.

Comment

Ha. Cheers, Ray.

Mrs HORN has texted saying she hopes it was an exciting game. I love that woman.

Comment

Calamitous start by Charlton in the League One final.

Not sure Wembley has ever seen an OG like that before...

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/status/1132650571725459456

Comment

Quite painful to see a beachball being joyously tossed into the air by Charlton fans just as the oggie goes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                                    Quite painful to see a beachball being joyously tossed into the air by Charlton fans just as the oggie goes in.
                                                    Should know better than to take beachballs to games against Sunderland.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X