No announcement yet.

It's a knockout! Playoffs 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they'd missed a trick not bringing Jedinak on, didn't realise the fourth sub in extra time change had reached the play-offs.

Comment

Holgate missing the rebound too is painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

I just can't see us scoring the required penalties though. Too many inexperienced players on the pitch.
        Yeah, well if you're going to use facts, knowledge and reasoning. Commiserations.

Comment

Did Grealish injure himself with a knee slide then?!

Comment

Bad luck West Brom. Though not unlucky, really.

Derby, you're up.

Comment

No, we will not be denied our Villa v Leeds final rematch.

Comment

Oh, yes I think a Villa Leeds final would be a doozy.

Gutted that we came so close. Those three red cards in three games were ultimately the real killer.

Comment

I think you're all underestimating Derby. And our capacity to self destruct.

Many sympathies, Jon. Been there before and may join you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                    So they've used up all their subs. I was hoping Jefferson Montero would be the unlikely hero (based on his time with Ecuador, not various club benches).

The man who got Jose Mourinho the sack from Chelsea in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by statto99 View Post
                      I think you're all underestimating Derby.
                      Well I, for one, am certainly not.

Best of luck tonight anyway.

Comment

Best of luck to both (and may whichever please beat Villa)

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Just as well for HORNs sake that the Football League never introduced the away goals rule.
                          They did. They scrapped in 1999, when they realised that not only did the League's interpretation of the rule (only counts after extra time) mean that they were giving the side that finished lower in the table an extra 30 minutes to get an away goal, but also every team that won on the away goals rule in the playoffs had finished lower in the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                            Best of luck to both (and may whichever please beat Villa)
                            i heard dat!

thinking about last night's game today and i must say, although it is gutting to go out on penalties after holding out with ten men for so long, it's more preferable to go out in a play-off semi than it is to go out in a play off final. I think the most down I've ever felt after a match was after losing to derby in the play off final about ten years ago. (the reverend will no doubt have very different memories of that game). Wembley really is the worst place to be if you lose.

Comment

Leeds look great going forward but are an utter shambles at the back. This could be a fun second half .

Comment

Yup. Yet again our own worst enemies by far. Casilla doubly so.

Comment

Quite the impact sub there.

Comment

I think Casilla started.

Oh, the Derby guy...

Comment

And that, historically, is usually that.

Comment

Keep the faith.

Comment

Come the fuck on, Derby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                            Keep the faith.
                                            You were saying? I have lived every miserable spirit crushing distressing millisecond of this hundreds of times before. My team very rarely fails to let me down utterly.

Comment

Leeds gonna Leeds.

Comment

I literally can't bear to watch any more. it's too cruel, too humiliating.

Comment

Come on Leeds. Come on Statto.

Comment

You were saying?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X