• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra time at Field Mill.

Comment

I'm exhausted.

Comment

I'll bet you are, HORN. It's some 0-0. Just over 5 minutes to go. Penalties looks nailed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          I'll bet you are, HORN. It's some 0-0. Just over 5 minutes to go. Penalties looks nailed on.
          Just as well for HORNs sake that the Football League never introduced the away goals rule.

Comment

Yes. Great decision, that.

Comment

Nice one HORN. Let's hope you can finish the job at Wembley.

Comment

Carlow's finest export heading for Wembley again.

Comment

Congrats HORN. Well-deserved.

Comment

I'm only AB-FGR, but Newport will do. Plus, promoted with zero goal difference would be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                      Carlow's finest export heading for Wembley again.
                      Who's that?

Cheers, all. I know we are a dislikeable town (oh, ok, city) with dislikeable fans and fairly rudimentary tactics, but these are days we all live for.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post

Who's that?

Cheers, all. I know we are a dislikeable town (oh, ok, city) with dislikeable fans and fairly rudimentary tactics, but these are days we all live for.
                        Padraig Amond

Comment

Ahh, cheers. I'd not heard of Carlow. I should've guessed.

Comment

Yes, Newport you fucking beauties! Mansfield bottling it again, hahaha. C'mon Tranmere, dump on FGR now.

Comment

Newport for a Wembley triumph and a really, really easy Salop away day for me next season. Oh please, oh please, oh please!

And also, c'mon County!

Comment

Chorley won their playoff on pens against Spennymoor so go up to what I still think of as the Conference. Ironic if Notts County are drawn to come to Chorley on the first day (both are the Magpies).

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

Just as well for HORNs sake that the Football League never introduced the away goals rule.
                                  They did for a while, then rescinded it.

Comment

I may try and get to Wembley to see Newport's match, especially if it's against Tranmere as they are another likeable club who would bring a crowd. I saw The Ironsides best Wrexham in the Conference Play-Off Final a few years ago so am clearly a lucky charm.

Comment

Charlton take a 2-1 lead from Doncaster back to The Valley in League One. No-one seems to have noticed.

Incidentally Charlton appear to have sold over 21,000 tickets for that home leg. I thought their fans were boycotting? Or were they just not arsed?

Comment

Bugger, Forest Green've scored.

Comment

Tranmere back in front on aggregate.

Comment

All that neon green metalwork in FGR's stadium just makes them even tackier.

Comment

But i'm bemused. Forest Green seem to have had a pretty good non-league history and yeah, though they now have money that cash has come from a source which appears to be pretty bona fida etc. Is any kind of investment in football clubs frowned upon here or am I missing something (probably the latter!)?

Comment

If their grand plans are to be believed they'll be getting rid of that soon (although how 'green' demolishing a 13-year old stadium is, I don't know), to build their Zaha Hadid Studio-designed new stadium. Ya know, just like yer typical League Two sides who get in swanky international studios to do their grounds.

(in related news, come on Tranmere)

Ed: to Sporting's point. They've been fairly heavily rebranded and hollowed out identity wise. And if the stadium above goes ahead, they'll be leaving their town too.

Comment

Yeah, they're a financially-doped, rebranded vanity project for a complete prick of an owner.

Comment

Thanks for both responses.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X