No announcement yet.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ray, that the order you've put them would have to be the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Comment

Russia.

Comment

That Nordie shirt looks like the result of a Mexico shirt humping a Slovenia one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          Picnic blanket

Comment

When is that on sale. Think I know what I'll ask for for Christmas.

Comment

Nice Belgium shirt.

Comment

The cuffs and badge make that Wales shirt. Everything else is forgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                  Nice Belgium shirt.
                  Yes, that was one of my first thoughts too. The red & green replacing their black, of,course,

Comment

So why yellow?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

When is that on sale. Think I know what I'll ask for for Christmas.
                      You're not the only one. I want to marry it and have its babies, I adore it. That simplified crest really pops.

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                      So why yellow?
                      Probably evoking the Admiral shirt of the 70s.

Comment

The yellow in that was echoing the daffodils in the FAW badge at the time, I think. It makes less sense when there is no yellow in the badge.

Comment

Yellow and green in change kits goes back to 1949 and was used as trim on the first kit as far back as 1972 (for a one-off kit against England).

Comment

The pattern on the Spain shirt is presumably based on this:

Which is the RFEF's official crest, even though it isn't used as the badge on the national team's shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                              The pattern on the Spain shirt is presumably based on this:

The shirt looks more Mondrian than Miro to me with its straight lines and 90 degree angles... actually, I wouldn't mind seeing the Dutch in a Mondrianesque change kit.

Comment

Cycling team La Vie Claire did that once upon a time.

Comment

I do like the Wales kit but prefer the NIR one. Though I also appreciate I'm in the minority on here in thinking that the Chelsea shirt is brilliant.

Comment

Yellow and green in change kits goes back to 1949 and was used as trim on the first kit as far back as 1972 (for a one-off kit against England).
                                    I stand corrected. The badge was 2 years after the first change kit not before. Maybe there was some general thinking of yellow for daffodils about the choice of yellow at large at the time that informed the badge?

Comment

Nadeshiko Japan wore their new "Olympic" kit yesterday.

I don't think much of it myself, but I don't really like 'camo' kits.

Also I am not sure why it has a completely plain back, which looks too light a blue.

Oh well at least Japan won 2-0

Comment

I saw a lot of hate on Twitter for the new Wales shirt. Then someone pointed out its the colours of the Owain Glyndwr flag and several people have done a 180 on it.

Maybe they should have gone with Cofiwch Dryweren as a sleeve motif as well.

Comment

Talking of the new kit, it's being launched tomorrow at the opening day of this exhibition - which looks well worth seeing (I'm going on the day of the Hungary game) :

[URL]https://twitter.com/walesmatchworn/status/1192906003110649856?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/scotlandnt/status/1193600828105543680?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Talking of the new kit, it's being launched tomorrow at the opening day of this exhibition - which looks well worth seeing (I'm going on the day of the Hungary game) :

[URL]https://twitter.com/walesmatchworn/status/1192906003110649856?s=21[/URL]
                                              Ooh. I might go to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                I saw a lot of hate on Twitter for the new Wales shirt. Then someone pointed out its the colours of the Owain Glyndwr flag and several people have done a 180 on it.

Maybe they should have gone with Cofiwch Dryweren as a sleeve motif as well.
                                                Or just had red and yellow quarters.

Comment

fucking blue shorts
                                                  and the shirt itself is hideous

Comment

Yes that's grotty.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X