Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rather like the Doncaster change.

I'd post a picture to show the new River shirt but apart from the sleeve sponsor having changed, it's almost exactly the same as their last one. The adidas stripes have gone from black to red, and apparently they've added a detail to the back of the collar, but that is basically it. Given it's adidas, and given what adidas have done with most of their other teams, it could have been a lot worse.

And crucially, there's still no main sponsor. I'm not sure why no sponsors are prepared to pay the going rate to sponsor one of the continent's biggest clubs, and its reigning champions, but combined with the iconic shirt design it makes for a pretty tasty look. If all South American clubs started driving as hard a bargain as River do, football here would become about 10% more watchable, in my opinion.

Comment

New Arsenal change kit is billed as a tribute the 91-93 "bruised banana" one bit it's not that much like it. Ian Wright (in full DMC tribute mode) shows off the original :

Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-07-2019, 08:53.

Comment

Scunthorpe United home. Tribute to the 1982-83 promotion kit. There was a fan vote. This is what happens when you let the people decide.
        I like it being more blue than claret, that's one positive, I don't like looking like Burnley.
        Otherwise... it's not great, is it?

Comment

It’s all right, I quite like a chevron.

We share your sponsor

Comment

There has definitely been worse than that Scunny kit. I quite like it.

Comment

Yeah, that Scunthorpe is nice. I think a frequent problem with Scunny kits, judging by the Historical Football kits website, is that mostly claret with a bit of sky blue works, and mostly sky blue with a touch of claret works, but half and half, or stripes, or big Ajax band as they've tried down the years just looks wrong somehow. Imo, like.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                Originally posted by Tapiocahead View Post
                It's Park Avenue rather than City

How do you feel about them tagging it "Proper Bradford"?
                Do their fans call you 'Manningham' to try and get a rise?

Comment

that's the one
                  Last edited by Kevin S; 16-07-2019, 10:18.

Comment

I always initially have to do a double-take with the Utilita logo to check a team isn't sponsored by Unilad :

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                      Someone really should do a District Line moquette shirt. Maybe Wimbledon as a change kit once the new stadium opens.

You are Geoff Marshall and I claim my all-zone Oyster Card

Comment

Sam, you could have mentioned their third

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

Scunthorpe United home. Tribute to the 1982-83 promotion kit. There was a fan vote. This is what happens when you let the people decide.
                          I like it being more blue than claret, that's one positive, I don't like looking like Burnley.
                          Otherwise... it's not great, is it?
                          It's a lovely away kit, mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                            Sam, you could have mentioned their third

If it had that pattern all over, I would be nursing a semi right now.

Comment

Sheffield Wednesday. Stripes on the back as well!

(Not a great quality picture as the club have only released a video so far)

Comment

The kit situation at Watford is a bit odd, given we're otherwise pretty professionally ran.

On 1 April they did a gag about the 2019-20 home kit. They then issued a clarification and posted a basic drawn version of the real kit, partly because an image of it was already doing the rounds on social media.

Off-season passed, no kit launch. Then yesterday they posted two teaser videos, one with a blurred image of the kit and another one with a date of 26.7.19. But by that point the first-team will have played two friendlies and the youth team have already played in it.

And to make matters a little odder, the other day Ben Foster posted an Instagram story where he was wearing the prank kit from 1 April with a lot of signatures scribbled over it. The proper kit isn't the worst thing in the world, but it does look like they took the striped theme from last year as a starting point and then put in as little effort as possible.
                                Last edited by JM Footzee; 16-07-2019, 15:40.

Comment

Loads better than last year's effort. Especially smart without a sponsor.

Comment

The hoax kit would have made a fantastic change/third kit, very Belgium 2018 WC.

The actual kit is desperately ho-hum, which is about par for Adidas at the moment.

Comment

CA Osasuna for their return to the top flight

Comment

probably been mentioned upthread

but juventus, what the actual fuck

Comment

Surely a Paddy Power publicity stunt given their previous, although tweeted from the official HTAFC account.

Comment

If it exceeds 250 sq cm then it won't be permitted by the FA.

Comment

Somebody pass me a sick bucket, this might get messy.

Comment

That Huddersfield kit (assuming it to be their actual one and isn't a publicity stunt) is horrific - there are no redeeming features on it at all.

Comment

Kevin and twitter have more or less confirmed that it doesn't meet the FL requirements of 250 cm sq, plus it's not on the club website at all.

Comment

Chelsea introduce a nice summer polo shirt as their change kit:

Comment

Working...
                                                    X