No announcement yet.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leicester City change kits. Not clear from the blurb which is the actual change kit and which is the third.

Comment

Vardy looks for all the world like a troubled youth helped by a council project in a local government press release there.

Comment

As pink kits go, I quite like that one from Leicester.

Comment

I really like pink kits but that's a poor one. The recoloured badge and irrelevant Germany swoosh spoil it.

Comment

Once you've got past the revelation that these tops are called "Guernseys" (I guess it sounds somewhat better than "wife-beaters") and the suspicion that they never actually wear any of these, it's more of a PR thing, this is a reasonably interesting read/look https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-...your-favourite

Mind you the sponsors logos seem even more obnoxious in this context

Comment

They get better every season, and I have always seen them as a positive in a bleak Aussie landscape. One hopes that they at least raise consciousness.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                Once you've got past the revelation that these tops are called "Guernseys" (I guess it sounds somewhat better than "wife-beaters")
                I've always wondered why Aussie Rules took the name of a different Channel Islands jumper from all other sports to describe their shirts.

Comment

It's always got me wondering if there are articles of clothing called Alderneys or Sarks somewhere.

Comment

I always thought it was because they were sleeveless, but that appears not to be true, as real Guernseys from the island have sleeves

Their use of "jumper" as an alternative is equally perplexing.

Comment

I think they use Guernsey for Rugby League here as well (which also has an indigenous round).

Comment

But not for basketball, it seems, perhaps because of the US influence

Comment

Cambridge kit, now I love Hummell so am massively biased, but once again they have created a banger.

As for the Derby County Blue/Black shorts thing, it was the 71/72 season when it was decided to switch to blue shorts in an attempt to look like the England Football team. Unconfirmed that this was a Brian Clough decision but widely assumed to be so.

t was 89/90 when it was decided to go back to our more traditional black shorts, must be honest this was at teh height of my kitting and I don't really remember much fuss at all. Though is an excuse to post the Umbro promotional pic that showed the returning colours as well as a never used red and black striped kit that was biinned for a grey and black striped (still with red shorts and socks) as Bob Maxwell didn't like the red.

Comment

Hummel kits are fantastic and that Cambridge kit is no exception

Comment

Those 89/90 pics - I'd forgotten how huge shirts, and how tiny shorts, were. Even today's Aussie Rules shorts are bigger than the ones on the guy in the centre of the top right shot. Had shorts got longer by the time of Lineker's unfortunate on-field scatalogical occurrence?

Comment

More than happy to be corrected - but weren't the Spurs 1991 FA Cup Final shorts the first baggy shorts for some time?

Comment

Yeah, there was huge shock when they walked out in them at Wembley. Comparisons to the shorts worn by the cast of 'It 'Ain't Half Hot Mum' were rife.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-05-2019, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                    Leicester City change kits. Not clear from the blurb which is the actual change kit and which is the third.

Two very relevant points here :

[URL]https://twitter.com/truecolourskits/status/1132017820873707526?s=21[/URL]

Comment

The template for the Ipswich (and Ajax) change shirt can be bought for a similar price. I imagine it's the same for most adidas shirts.

Comment

Yeah, I think it seems particularly ridiculous here as Leicester's badge and their sponsor's logo have been so hamfistedly added to the template.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                          Yeah, there was huge shock when they walked out in them at Wembley. Comparisons to the shorts worn by the cast of 'It 'Ain't Half Hot Mum' were rife.
                                          The Scotland kit that came out a couple of months previous was the first to have the baggy shorts. Spurs was the first club kit because they wore the new kit for the cup final v Forest. Other teams new kit for the next season also had them.

Comment

Like the Cambridge kit. Possibly a shade too close to yellow and too far from amber for my liking but it's almost there and might look darker when away from photography studios.

The shorts are good too, repeating the colours and Hummel motif from the sleeves down the side.

Comment

Massively missed opportunity for Leicester with that pink change kit. As Ray says, the badge and sponsor spoil it but another thing they should have considered was using blue instead of black as the second colour on it. Would have tied in with the first choice colours and also gives a much better pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                                It's always got me wondering if there are articles of clothing called Alderneys or Sarks somewhere.
                                                Herm-al vest.

Comment

The 2019/2020 @Boro home kit has landed ⚪️

We are proud to have the Boro-fans with us on our ZEROH2O mission.

Read more: https://t.co/NR14GMdGxn

#ZEROH2O #sharethegame #hummelsport https://t.co/WP0BKGmyDD
                                                  Last edited by sw2borshch; 26-05-2019, 09:12. Reason: not learning how to embed a Tweet

Comment

https://twitter.com/hummel1923/statu...196201984?s=09

Comment

Working...
                                                    X