No announcement yet.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-change Kit - Shirt Gallery 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to think so but I fear that they've got something a bit more challenging lined up.

The pattern on the shirt is based on the roof struts at Stamford Bridge. You see, I'd have never have thought of that.

Comment

Sarri's recruitment is very outside the box

Comment

Celtic break the hoops which won't be popular ;

[URL]https://twitter.com/nbfootball/status/1123648984726290432?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Nesta View Post
          I... are those the shorts?
          Well you’d have to say they have quite a slimming effect on Sideshow Bob there

Comment

They've done so before, most notably with this:

It provoked minor grumbling, but no real backlash.

Comment

Chelsea now officially launched. Fantastic shirt.

Comment

I can't abide Chelsea, but the last two seasons (current and next) they have had phenomenal kits.

It boils my piss a bit.

Comment

The shirt's dreadful in its own right but even odder set against the plain shorts.

I suppose that the kids will love it, the good taste-dodging little twerps.

At least the rumour that the socks were going to be blue appears to be wrong.

Comment

It's a 'marmite' of shirts, in that it's dark brown, made with yeast extract and you spread it on toast

Comment

The shorts are an interesting shape, like a marathon runner's.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post

They've done so before...

It provoked minor grumbling, but no real backlash.
                        I know (I think all hooped teams have done so in the past, in the desperation to alter the design and sell new shirts) though I think this years' effort is even more egregious.

The first report I saw on the new shirt was about fan complaints about the hoops, though "minor grumbling" is certainly the level it wasn't pitched at. I'm not expecting the storming of Parkhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                          The shorts are an interesting shape, like a marathon runner's.
                          Are they a different cut for the women's kit, I wonder?

Comment

Possibly:

Comment

That Chelsea shirt is laughably bad. It's like an homage to early 90s patterning.

Comment

What the fuck is that pattern on the Chelsea shirt?

Comment

Someone said earlier in the thread it was the metalwork for Stamford Bridge's stands or similar.

I think I like it, but that's probably because it reminds me of Marseille's old insanely designed shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                    That Chelsea shirt is laughably bad. It's like an homage to early 90s patterning.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Nike's shirt designs for us have been interpretations of past designs and the new monstrosity is supposed to reference this from 1991-93:

Comment

That is not a monstrosity - that is beautiful.

I say that as someone who recently purchased this kit:

And who's fave Cheltenham shirt is this snazzy outfit from 96/97:

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Nike's shirt designs for us have been interpretations of past designs and the new monstrosity is supposed to reference this from 1991-93:

Blimey, that kit has stirred a memory. Just checked with my brother, and we had that shirt growing up at a time when we purchased random kits that were cheap at JJB. Had a yellow Spurs away kit from 1990(?) too.

Comment

The one with the navy and light blue specks over the shoulder? That is a magnificent shirt.

Comment

Ignore - I didn't read the article properly

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post

Blimey, that kit has stirred a memory. Just checked with my brother, and we had that shirt growing up at a time when we purchased random kits that were cheap at JJB. Had a yellow Spurs away kit from 1990(?) too.

I much prefer, and indeed still have, the previous one:

Comment

Still not as good as the Le Coq Sportif efforts of the prior era

Comment

I didn't mind the Chelsea Collection ones, favourite Umbro one was the one with the white mesh design on it around 86? just before all the designers began to fully feel the effects of all those pills and acid in the late 80's.

I'd also like to register my disgust at Stoke having a red keepers kit, just why?

Comment

I like the Chelsea shirt, though I don't think it looks as good worn with the plain blue shorts. But they aren't selling them for people to wear them with blue shorts, more like some trendy ankle-length jogging trousers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X