Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The supporters are not best pleased.

Comment

Am I right in thinking you've shared putative designs for a halved shirt in the past, Ursus?

Comment

Yes, this has been rumoured for months

Comment

I assume this will be the Adidas template for any team with a striped shirt for the coming season?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Barnet's new kits are...er, striking. I think I like them though ;

[URL]https://twitter.com/barnetfc/status/1119502237141803008?s=21[/URL]
            Roadkill chic

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              Reading are going with Macron. This could go either way.
              My beloved Droylsden FC have Macron shirts. The blue away kit is very nicem

Comment

When I first saw the Barnet shirt, I had a brain fart and thought Canon must be a motorbike tyre manufacturer. I was wondering why everyone was so pleased about the sponsor's logo being so out of control. And then I realised it's the Canon, isn't it, the camera company.

I don't mean this in an arsey way, Tony C, but I haven't a clue what you're on about on the previous page. I see a perfectly normal post from ad hoc, containing a tweet and a link to the tweet, and nothing else, and then your post below saying there was a problem. Perhaps it's some strangeness that's only happening on your computer?

And delighted that Juventus are having their kit desecrated. Couldn't happen to a nicer club. I hope Fiorentina troll them by releasing a purple-and-white-striped shirt just for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  I don't mean this in an arsey way, Tony C, but I haven't a clue what you're on about on the previous page. I see a perfectly normal post from ad hoc, containing a tweet and a link to the tweet, and nothing else, and then your post below saying there was a problem.
                  The problem is that that post with the tweet was made by Tony C instead of ad hoc. Apparently, there is some forum software snafu going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post

The problem is that that post with the tweet was made by Tony C instead of ad hoc. Apparently, there is some forum software snafu going on there.
                    Exactly that.

Comment

I'm intrigued both by this occurrence and as to what ad hoc's lost post might have been about.

Comment

It's certainly a mystery, if not exactly gripping.

Comment

I, for one, am glad that we've moved past the "ignore poster" function into "override poster" territory.

Comment

Indeed. Imagine if I had posted something wildly contentious with some very dubious racist or sexist undertones and it ended on ad hoc's page.

I think he consider himself fortunate it was just a football shirt with Lenin on it.

Comment

I have no idea what it was Which rather suggests its disappearance is no great loss to humanity

Comment

Crushing disappointment. Crushing.

Comment

Plymouth Argyle

Comment

Nicely done.

They very much "look like Plymouth", which is one of my fundamental rulefacs of kit design.

Eggchaser, I would be rather surprised if many other adidas clubs were given the "Juventus template". One of the benefits of being considered a "crown jewel" in a manufacturer's portfolio is that you get a bespoke kit.

Comment

That Plymouth kit's a bit 'meh' for me and certainly a step down from the lovely current one. Not a fan of the huge amount of white trim on the sleeves and suspect it's to accentuate the manufacturer's logo when league/sponsors logos are put on the green upper section of the sleeve.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 26-04-2019, 12:21.

Comment

Yeah I like that Argyle kit. Might have had the white armbands a lot thinner, but by 2019 standards that would probably be churlish.

Comment

Extremely strong 1920s Rio de Janeiro pimp look from chap furthest right

Comment

I agree that the wide white bands are the weakest part of the kit, but am not a fan of the current green and black stripes largely because black isn't a Plymouth colour (not in the badge, not used historically, very much "black for black's sake"/"looks good with jeans").

Comment

I think the use of a lot of black in the club's initial kits in the 1890s, it's use for socks and trim throughout the first half of the 20th century and the flirtations with it in the seventies, eighties and nineties give it some historical credence. Crucially, green and black are also the colours of my hometown rugby club so I always like them.

Comment

green and black
                                                Just me thinking of chocolate?

Comment

I think the use of a lot of black in the club's initial kits in the 1890s, it's use for socks and trim throughout the first half of the 20th century and the flirtations with it in the seventies, eighties and nineties give it some historical credence. Crucially, green and black are also the colours of my hometown rugby club so I always like them.
                                                  Yeah. I was looking for the black in that kit too. It's an acceptable shade of green though, be thankful for small mercies I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                                                    Plymouth Argyle

They look like they're wearing armbands in protest against some injustice.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X