Eggstravagant Eggsuberance - the big Easter matchgoing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eggstravagant Eggsuberance - the big Easter matchgoing thread

Might be a bit early for this, but I'm excited at seeing my first games in April.

Easter Saturday - off to Connah's Quay to see the Nomads versus Barry Town. Not much to play for here. TNS have won the title. Both Barry and Connahs Quay have qualified for Europe. Not sure if Barry can still technically catch them and claim second. If any of the OTFers who make occasional forays into North Wales are coming, drop me a message!

Bank Holiday Monday - Shrewsbury v Oxford. Going with my Mum and maybe another friend if he can get his rear in gear and tell me if he's coming.

Slightly mixed feelings on this as I would have been at both games with my Dad and he was looking forward to the first one in particular as he had never been to Connah's Quay.

I was going to go with 'Hot Cross Fans'.

With luck, the ITFC ticket office have received our junior blues voucher and will send us some 'free' tickets in time for Monday's Ipswich v Swansea match.

Comment

Due to extortionate travel and that Virgin think Easter is the perfect time for engineering works, I won't be going to Carlisle on Friday for Lincoln's title winning party (fingers crossed). I will however go on Easter Monday to Sincil Bank for the Tranmere game. Got a horrible feeling we'll get zero points.

Comment

Chelsea V Burnley on Easter Monday.

Bank holiday public transport - hit me with your best shot!

Comment

I'm away for the Easter Weekend visiting family. Imagine that. Two of the most white-knuckley nerve-shredding matches in recent times and I'm watching them on the Twitters (And I'll be in a plane for one of them)

Comment

On Good Friday I'm taking The Boy to Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers. I only realised today that The Dons have only four games left and are running out of time to actually get out of the relegation zone as they've threatened to do for a few weeks.

The rest of the weekend is a bit open until we pin down any family plans, if I get the chance I might just do some relatively local grounds I've never managed before.

Abbey Rangers v Chertsey Town in the CCL Premier on Saturday looks attractive, the visitors are managed by former Wimbledon boss Dave Anderson and will arrive as champions if they win their game tonight while the hosts are third.

On the Bank Holiday Monday I like the look of Westfield v Bracknell Town in the Isthmian South Central as those teams are currently second and fifth respectively, though I imagine they will both be confirmed in the play-offs by then and battling for home advantage at most.

If I get the time I may strike out to Swindon or Peterborough for a speedway meeting on one of the evenings.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 16-04-2019, 16:21.

Comment

Boro v Stoke on Friday. Should be a cracker.

Comment

Norwich v Sheffield Wednesday on Friday night. Sadly it is probably going to be my last game this season with the slim chance it could be a promotion clincher, although I can't see Sheffield United slipping up in their lunchtime match. Suspect if we do go up, it will be the Monday or later, but hope the game sees us produce a performance up with the best of this season.

Comment

I'm going to Berlin for Easter, so it's Hertha vs Hannover on Sunday evening. I don't anticipate much of a game, as Hertha have lost 5 in a row and Hannover are adrift at the bottom of the league and are clearly crap. Still, it's a return to visit to the Olympiastadion and I'm looking forward to seeing the place again. Likewise the rest of Berlin.

Comment

Carlisle v Lincoln on Friday, hoping not to see Lincoln win the title (no offence RobW but I hate seeing other teams celebrate on our patch when we rarely get the chance).

Monday will hopefully be Bootle v City of Liverpool - the hosts have won a ridiculous 18 games in succession to close to within 3 points of their (previously) runaway league leading tenants, and they have a better goal difference - so provided Bootle don't slip up at Squires Gate on Friday (far from a given) this could be a massive step towards promotion if the Bucks can prevail. Suspect I won't be able to rock up at 2:45 and claim my usual parking spot for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                      Due to extortionate travel and that Virgin think Easter is the perfect time for engineering works, I won't be going to Carlisle on Friday for Lincoln's title winning party (fingers crossed). I will however go on Easter Monday to Sincil Bank for the Tranmere game. Got a horrible feeling we'll get zero points.
                      From your recent posts it would almost seem that Lincoln were about to get relegated!

Comment

Adelaide Crows vs Gold Coast Suns.

Always wanted to see an AFL game. No idea what to expect.

Comment

Dundalk home to Finn Harps on Friday and away to UCD on Monday, then the big Dublin Derby when I'll be in the Shamrock Rovers end with the in-laws hoping they lose at home to bitter rivals Bohemians. Should be a good game that one. Then it's on to the almost-as-bitter Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers next Friday. 5 proper games in 11 days for me... a throwback to the halcyon pre-kid days

Comment

Beckenham on Sunday for Kent v Sussex in whatever the 50 over competition is called now.

Tempted to get tickets to Pakistan's one day game at the same place the next weekend. I'm not sure how serious it will be though and it's still £20.

Comment

Might go to Marine v Bamber Bridge on Monday, could be a real winner takes all six pointer (depending on saturday's results). I say might, because I've been to Marine 5 or so times and never even seen them score, so hearts are bound to sink when they see me perch m'pint of carling on a crush barrier.

Comment

With games for The Likes of Doncaster shunted to Friday evening (TV) and Tuesday night (no-one knows), I'm staying in South East London, though will be watching the former of those matches (away at Sunderland) round a friends.

As the weather looks good I might make a trip to Chislehurst on Saturday for Glebe v Bearsted in the SCEFL Premier. Monday offers a double header of the Ladywell-classico - Lewisham Borough v Forest Hill Park at lunchtime, followed by Fisher v Corinthian at 3pm - thought I might sack the latter one off if there's nowt riding on it.

Comment

Hang on, Wimbledon's game away to Luton scheduled for the bank holiday Monday has also been moved to Tuesday evening as well. I assumed it was for Sky but it looks not to be the case.

I'm probably going to it (lawd knows why as it could be a shellacking) if we're counting Tuesday evening as the weekend - which seems fair enough for Easter.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 17-04-2019, 11:04.

Comment

When I worked in Rotherham, we used to work on Good Friday and have the Tuesday off.

Comment

Bohs v UCD on Friday,last week I'd have said handy three points but the students have improved over the last few days and beat Cork city on Monday,Tuesday I'll be joining Seand in the pigsty for the Dublin derby, to say we've got the bragging rights is and understatement,6 wins and a draw in the last 7 but I think we'll hit the buffers with a bang on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        Hang on, Wimbledon's game away to Luton scheduled for the bank holiday Monday has also been moved to Tuesday evening as well. I assumed it was for Sky but it looks not to be the case.
                                        I think this is down to Sky but due to Accrington and Luton playing a televised fixture on Saturday evening. Presumably those two clubs didn’t want to play again within 48hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                          Genuine question ... when should they do engineering work? I know it’s a pain but it’s got to be done sometime (we’ll arguably not if HS2 related).

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmer View Post

I think this is down to Sky but due to Accrington and Luton playing a televised fixture on Saturday evening. Presumably those two clubs didn’t want to play again within 48hrs.
                                            Ah, that makes sense. Didn't know about that fixture, thanks.

Comment

Santa Fe v Deportivo Cali.

Expecting some serious crowd discontent if Santa Fe don't get their first win of the season. They have drawn 10 and lost 5 of their 15 games and arch-rivals Millonarios are top of the league.

Comment

Cambridge vs Swindon on Good Friday. I'm not expecting a festival of Football. And then probably Royston vs Rushall Olympic on the Saturday, particularly if the weather is as good as is forecast. Again, not likely to live in the memory for the quality of play, and a complete mid-table nothing of a game but hey, why not?

Comment

The Hellenic League has a groundhop starting this evening at Almondsbury. I'll miss that game but will head down to Gloucestershire tomorrow morning for games at Longlevens, Lydney and Newent. On Saturday it's over to the Chilterns for matches at Stokenchurch, Chinnor and Long Crendon. Sunday it's over to the Cotswolds for games at Bourton and Moreton before an evening match at Brimscombe & Thrupp. Monday starts with a game at Bishops Cleeve, after which the hop goes to Tuffley Rovers, although ive been there and will go to Yate Town instead. I'll rejoin them for the final game at Thornbury Town.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X