No announcement yet.

Tense run in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best football news this week. Congrats to ad hoc and the hot Csiks.

Comment

Brilliant news. Enjoy the party!

Comment

Now that the league is won, it's on to the European championship for most of the team. The CONIFA Euros begin this Sunday in Artsakh (Nagorno Karabach - not sure if Mkhitarian can play)

As you'll see from the squad listed here, half the team play for Csikszereda (listed here under its Romanian name, FK Miercurea Ciuc) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sz%C3%..._football_team

Comment

Resurrecting this thread as it came to mind this weekend.

Csikszereda's first season in the 2nd division proved to be as challenging as I expected, and they struggled for points all year. At the half way point before the long winter break they were one place above the relegation zone, but in a fierce fight with the team one place below them. The games after the break was over finished badly for them and they were 4th from bottom and in a clear relegation spot when Covid19 intervened and stopped the season. The decision in Romania was to cancel the season (in all divisions bar the top flight), with the teams at the top end of the second division entering an extended play offs for promotion. But the cancellation meant that Csikszereda survived the drop.

The new season began on Saturday, and to my surprise, the opening game for Csikiszereda was away to Comuna Recea, the team with whom they were battling for promotion when this thread was running. A couple of teams from the second flight went bust and were replaced by teams from the divisions below. I'm not entirely sure how this was done, 3 of the 5 divisions below had playoffs and 2 didn't, and now the second tier has 21 teams rather than 20 as last year. Anyway, we won, 1-0 to kick this campaign off successfully. Now I have to work out if I am allowed to attend games when we are at home. The first home game is against FC U Craiova 1948 which is one of two teams that claim the history of Universitatea Craiova who went out of business 10 years ago. The other one, CS U Craiova, finished second in the league last season and just lost in the first round of the Europa League.

Comment

Servus Adhocz, morning everyone. Can I briefly divert the thread to ask if the clash of international titans is set to go ahead on Friday? Hope to get a look at George Puscas

Comment

It's not been cancelled/postponed yet, and I can't really imagine that it will be (whether it should be is another matter, and I imagine that Romania is on most country's red list, so I'm not sure of the NI team will be asked to quarantine on their return)

Comment

I am fairly sure that this tournament will be disrupted, whether by quarantining, club pressure on players or whatever else. No particular reflection on the Romanian authorities or those at Stormont.

In the NI media Baraclough as you would expect was all sweetness and light, but Dallas and Magennis (respectively likely next captain and main media spokesman) weren't happy at all...

Comment

Working...
                X