No Nay Never, 2019 wild Rover(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Nay Never, 2019 wild Rover(s)

Juvenile but nice to see them go all Alan Partridge about it.

Not really sure how to link this, Sydenham v Streatham team sheets.

Reading a few more tweets it's possible this isn't as harmless as it seems? Is there a story behind this?
    Last edited by RobM; 10-04-2019, 14:31.

You know Streatham Rovers are a hoax side/account (or have I just spoiled your continuation of the gag)?
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-04-2019, 16:41.

Comment

ESPN ran the story (then later deleted it).

Comment

Good to see that they are making the most of the publicity.

[URL]https://twitter.com/StreathamRovers/status/1115950306695819264[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          You know Streatham Rovers are a hoax side/account (or have I just spoiled your continuation of the gag)?
          I didn't no. Makes a bit more sense now.

Comment

As the person who runs the Streatham Rovers account pointed out the other day, it continues to amaze just how many football fans can't see that it's a hoax. (No offence, RobM)

Comment

It's fantastically done - I don't know if it was the original one, but so many spoofs have started up in recent years due to it's success.

Comment

Originally posted by Uroš Predić View Post
                As the person who runs the Streatham Rovers account pointed out the other day, it continues to amaze just how many football fans can't see that it's a hoax. (No offence, RobM)
                Heh heh heh none taken, certainly got me. Now in the position thankfully that when I'm a daft gullible git I can blame it on the stroke rather than erm.. beiing a daft gullible git. Something didn't quite sit right with it but I'm way too trusting.

Comment

At least you aren't alone Rob, not a single researcher on Have I Got News For You realised it was a spoof either.

Comment

I wonder what their shirt sponsor makes of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X