Come to Milton Keynes - Weekend Matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Milton Keynes - Weekend Matchgoing

Over 5,500 Lincoln fans would agree with Paul Weller. It's going to be near 12,000 in attendance surely, if not more?

However, rather join my mates and get plastered before the game, i'm going to go to Bletchley Park and take in some history. Our win in September was our first in seven against Franchise and the last time we were at Stadium MK, we got tonked 4-0. I'm not looking forward to be honest, and will happily take a draw.

Nothing for me next weekend but I am going to Grange Albion v Cardiff Draconians this evening. I think this will by my first ever 6:15pm kick off.

Comment

Try 10.15am. I love those. And there's one for me this Saturday ; Trinec vs Vitkovice in the Czech Rep 2nd tier.

Comment

Originally posted by jameswba View Post
        Try 10.15am. I love those. And there's one for me this Saturday ; Trinec vs Vitkovice in the Czech Rep 2nd tier.
        Done that as both a player and spectator. It's a popular time for games in Spanish 4th tier in the Basque Country.

Comment

Wimbledon v Accrington Stanley on Saturday afternoon. My son actually pondered if we shouldn't attend together as they don't seem to win when we do, only when we are at matches separately or neither of us is there.

Hopefully we're both shooting straight from there down the A3 to Guildford Flames v Glasgow Clan in an Elite Ice Hockey League Play-Off quarter-final. Face-off is 6pm so we'll be cutting it a bit fine. It'll only be the second ice hockey match we've seen this season and our last chance to do so as the semi-finals and final are in Nottingham over the following weekend.
          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-04-2019, 20:40.

Comment

Rotherham United v Nottingham Forest. If we get there...

Comment

Somerset Bridge Recreation Club (or more commonly Somerset Eagles) vs Southampton Rangers on Sunday afternoon. Final league matches of the season this weekend, and whilst both teams are already promoted to the Premier, there is one point between them and therefore it is the 'title decider'. Should be a good one, Eagles unbeaten in the league all season and Rangers have only lost once.

Comment

Back oop north for me - Friday it's rugby league night and the ineffable joys of watching the Mighty Wakefield Trinity v Shuddersfield at Belle Vue

Saturday it's Bradford City v Doncaster Rovers with my mate and his son, followed by a night up at his place in Skipton doing my best to make some space in his wine cellar.

I watched Donny last Saturday and they played pretty well, scoring twice within the first four minutes, so at least as a neutral I'm expecting to see some goals. And to tick off Valley Parade, which as you all know, was the home of the Manningham rugby club until they changed codes in 1903 and became Bradford City AFC. Manningham won the first Northern Rugby Football Union Championship following the 1895 breakaway from the Rugby Football Union, so I'll be interested to see whether Bradford City include this honour on the first page of their programme.

I suspect they won't...

Comment

A chance to catch up with some of the family and to try and not to gloat too much. At whatever it's called this month to see Huddersfield inevitably beat Leicester .

Comment

No game for me, though respect to RobW’s mates. Getting plastered in Milton Keynes is no mean feat.

Comment

Cheltenham are at home to Exeter so I shall be there with a hangover.

Our record against Exeter before our relegation in 2015 was phenomenal, having never lost to them. In fact it was losing the home game against them in March that year that convinced me we were going down. Since then I don't think we've beaten them.

We're playing for pride at the moment and they need to win. Could be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty Trin View Post
                        I watched Donny last Saturday and they played pretty well, scoring twice within the first four minutes...
                        One of the group I sit with was five minutes late to his seat on Saturday, which naturally made those opening goals even more enjoyable.

I'm most likely off to marvel at the brutalist joy of Thamesmead, before a first visit to Bayliss Avenue for Sporting Club Thamesmead against Lewisham Borough. I expect to be the entirety of the away support that isn't on the Borough committee.

Comment

Are they related to the Thamesmead club that reached the Isthmian Premier earlier this decade?

Comment

No, they used to be Seven Acre & Sidcup

Comment

Grange Albion 1-3 Cardiff Dracs

A hotly contested derby. There could have been a red card after less than a minute after a bad tackle resulted in the Dracs player pushing over a Grange player in the ensuing scuffle but the Grange player went down so easily I think two yellows was just about right. The red card came after only 7 minutes as the Dracs player who got booked for the earlier push brought down the Albion left back on the half way line. It was a yellow and he got his marching orders much to the delight of the crowd as he was a former Albion player. Ever decisions was vociferously contest by both teams and the crowd.

Cardiff went 1-0 up via a penalty for a trip/push (I could be sure which) then later on followed up a rebound off the post to make it 2-0. Just before half-time two players went for a bouncing ball full bloodied resulting in Albion captain, sadly, breaking his leg. I was amazed the other player got up and thought the ref had abandoned the game as he blew the whistle for what transpired to be half-time while they waited for an ambulance. As a result, I left missing the final two goals of the game.

Best crowd of the season at Coronation Park as over 50 people turned up and it was all the better for it.

Comment

Brentford v Derby County

It's been a strange season with some of the best Brentford performances I've ever seen interspersed with some of the worst. Tuesday's abject display at Swansea was one of the latter.

FLDC have Mason Mount back and they're a different proposition when he's playing so I fear the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                  No game for me, though respect to RobW’s mates. Getting plastered in Milton Keynes is no mean feat.
                                  I'm believe they're getting wankered in Euston at a stupidly early time, hence why i'm avoiding it like the plague.

Comment

When evil played at the hockey stadium, we'd drink in Stoney Stratford and cab it to the ground.

Comment

Cefn Druids vs Cardiff Met. Quite looking forward to seeing The Rock (the ground, not Dwayne Johnson).

Comment

Southampton - Liverpool
                                        Not a huge fan of St.Mary's but it's close and convenient after work & I ended up with a free ticket in the away end.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                                          I seem to have managed it this evening, HORN. Yeesh.

Comment

Some barstard tried to nick our cab. Still he ended up paying for it.

There's a lot of Forest here today.

Comment

Frantic start. We should have had a penalty and they hit the post...

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Rotherham reject Louis Grabbon equalises, but doesn't celebrate. Delighted to know that he cared.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X