X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sash View Post
    Fulham-City
    Liverpool-Spurs
    Then some podcasting and some broadcasting.
    Fulham 0 City 2

Love that walk from Putney Bridge along the Thames, especially on a warm Spring's day. Shuddered at the thought of that ghastly march starting at Bishop's Park the day before. LOL at its pitiful numbers compared to a regular match day crowd, though.

Boring game, for shure. Fulham pitiful. So, so bad. The crowd doing olés for completed passes after... 15 minutes. Pep very chilled. Scott Parker... too sensible for a team crashing out of the league?

Liverpool 2 Spurs 1

Not sure how it looked on the telly but found it very absorbing even before it all went a bit nuts at the end. Impressed with Lucas Moura. Nice switch by Poch at h/t (He also carried the 4-4-2 into the Palace game). Klopp was trying to change the formation just before the equaliser but it kinda descended into a bit of a farce with players running around, pointing, asking for clarifications. Spurs players were trying to catch the wind of what was going but I think it got so confusing that they decided it would just be easier to score instead.

85'-90' = mad. When the ball trickled over the line... well, not seen a stadium lose it like that for a while. I am not sure I've recovered yet tbh.

The takeaway was that this Spurs side should take chunks out of City.

PS Oh, yeah, did a pod https://audioboom.com/posts/7219248-mockingly-casual
    Last edited by Sash; 04-04-2019, 09:30.

Comment

Can't see a midweek thread, so will just stick it here.

Spurs 2 Palace 0

The stadium is very well done indeed but looks a tad like a shopping centre from the High Road. The South Stand is great and I am big fan of the cockerel on top. I think someone really made a point of making sure that the media facilities are quite a bit larger and more comfortable than the 2 box rooms passing for the press centre and the press conference venue @ WHL. Mind you, the media centre feels a bit... Ikea. Supposed to be a cafe on non-match days.The auditorium is great. Leather seats and everything.

"World Cup winners in facilities" to quote Poch. Everyone seemed to be genuinely excited/delighted to be there, which was nice.

Still a pain to get to/from. Capacity 75% up but looks like the work on expanding WHL station barely started.

And the game... Fairly routine win. Thought Zaha and Tripper might kick off.

Comment

Home to Halifax. Too nervy to even vaguely enjoy any of this now.

Comment

Notts v Yorks

Comment

You're boycotting the Milton Keynes thread then, E10? Good man, can always rely on the Tankies.

Comment

Tankies? I'm suing

Comment

Sorry, the term "known Marxist" has already been taken this week.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 04-04-2019, 10:56.

Comment

I'm happy enough with "cultural Marxist" mind

Comment

Working...
                  X