Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobW
    replied
    Crawley v Lincoln for me. Over 750 away tickets sold, and pay on the day available - bloody glory seekers. Just hope the game is better than last year. Watched Crawley beat us earlier in the season at SB and after their mauling last week against Crewe I expect another difficult encounter. No doubt Ollie Palmer will score against us.

Leave a comment:

• ingoldale
    replied
    Grange Albion v Caerphilly Athletic on Saturday. Wales v Slovakia on Sunday

Come down if you are in Cardiff for the Wales game - free in! Tier 5 in Welsh pyramid.
    Last edited by ingoldale; 22-03-2019, 10:55.

Leave a comment:

• Simon G
    replied
    Cheltenham are at home to Northampton this weekend so I shall be attending. I'll also be going to my 8 year old's tournament in the morning.

Given neither Cheltenham nor Northampton really have anything to play for, I expect I'll see more competitiveness in the morning than the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Uros Predic
    replied
    I should've been going to Luton vs Doncaster on Saturday - always a pleasure/pain experience as I love Kenilworth Road... until I try and sit down in it - but have had to can that to go and interview someone for the fanzine after another interview fell through earlier in the week.

Sunday I'll be sat just over Ray's right shoulder for Wales v Slovakia.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    How much more frequent are international breaks than they used to be? Genuine question. The increase would have mostly happened with the break up of the Soviet Union and (to a lesser extent) Balkan nations some decades ago, I suppose.

Fair point on England's campaigns I suppose but, in general, international football is no more dull than the upper leagues...and frequently far more exciting.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Not a snark but surely Brentford have spent a lot of time in the lower leagues unaffected by international breaks?

That's before we get to international football being all kinds of ace, obviously.
    I'm not sure international breaks existed when they were in the lower leagues. When did they start?

But they are affected now and I prefer watching Brentford.

And England friendlies and qualifying campaigns are usually excruciatingly dull.
    Last edited by cantagalo; 22-03-2019, 00:09.

Leave a comment:

• The Mighty Trin
    replied
    Burton v Accrington for me. My plan was to tick off the last 10 or so grounds in the top 5 divisions before the end of the season, but last minute visits to Wakefield by mates living in Melbourne and Sydney, a new Romanian girlfriend and Spurs moving back home have almost certainly put paid to that. Curses! Last Friday I had a date with said Romanian in Wimbledon and then got the Megabus overnight to Sunderland for their game v Walsall. I am a real catch.

Still, at least I can make a start on the Romanian grounds next season. She will be pleased...

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Not a snark but surely Brentford have spent a lot of time in the lower leagues unaffected by international breaks?

That's before we get to international football being all kinds of ace, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• cantagalo
    replied
    I hate international breaks.

I shall go to Meadow Lane in an attempt to comfort and console my Notts-supporting mate. They're playing Exeter.

Leave a comment:

• We Were On An International Break! Weekend Matchgoing

The scattering of qualifying fixtures across a potential five day period is incredibly annoying but at least this weekend it affords me the chance to see both club and country.

Saturday afternoon is Wimbledon v Gillingham and the hope that a rare recent match that both my son and I can attend doesn't see the The Dons' current good form derailed.

Sunday afternoon is Wales v Slovakia in our first 2020 qualifier, a match up that will always bring lovely memories of that glorious sun-dappled day in Bordeaux. We can't just wallow in nostalgia though - we need to win though as our next matches are the June away double-header in Croatia and Hungary.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 21-03-2019, 19:26.
Working...
X