No announcement yet.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers and associated friendlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITV confirm that racist chanting was heard.

Comment

In that case, all power to his and the others' elbows.

On the football front, hard to argue with ten goals in four days regardless of the opposition.

Comment

Portugal v Serbia finishes 1-1, the hosts should have scored a second at least but the decision to rescind the penalty which probably cost them a win was a shocker.

Comment

Am I the only one worried about this England team?

Comment

how so?

Comment

Details upthread

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
                how so?
                They are disturbingly good, possessing pace, skill and crisp passing, two footed players and bags of goals. There is also a bedrock in DM who is going to propel this team to international glory. This Rice fellow will take them past the SF, mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

They are disturbingly good, possessing pace, skill and crisp passing, two footed players and bags of goals. There is also a bedrock in DM who is going to propel this team to international glory. This Rice fellow will take them past the SF, mark my words.
                  I agree. I watched the second half and saw a very composed, confident and skilled side.

Comment

A few days ago:

Argentina 1 Venezuela 3

This evening:

Catalunya 2 Venuzuela 1

Comment

England are looking really good, Sterling on fire. I've had to retire the Wing Commander.

Comment

That is an outrage.

Comment

Not me.

Sure, they can run Tunisia and Montenegro into the ground, but they come up against any team who can string three passes together and it will be curtains. They came up against three such teams at the World Cup: Belgium, Colombia and Croatia. I would say the main difference between Southgate's England and the previous England is that Southgate's England would beat Iceland.

I watched the world cup semi with an American friend of mine who used to play football. He told me it was all England in the first half. My father also texted in a state of panic. I told them both that England always look good in the first half. England always forget that a match is 90 minutes long, whereas Modric and Rakitic can play for 120. I predicted England would be reeled in in the second half.
                          Last edited by anton pulisov; 25-03-2019, 23:21.

Comment

fuck sake, if only some cunt other than that speccy unctuous soft spoken weirdo O'Neill had been Ireland manager these past few years. He could have been safely playing for third place in the qualy group from now till kingdom come had he been picked for a competitive game in Eircom hideous green.

Last edited by Lang Spoon; 26-03-2019, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post

I agree. I watched the second half and saw a very composed, confident and skilled side.
                              Yep, I fear the worst as well. They mightn't win shit without a lot of luck, but England have the chance of being the attractive flowing fitba neutral's fav like Netherlands 98, 2002 etc. Scotland never independent and England with another trophy, I might as well get in the warm bath with the cold steel now.

Comment

the Netherlands weren't at the 2002 world cup.

Comment

Ach I meant Euro 2000.

Comment

How could I forget McAteer's scuff?

Comment

Only on this place is the prospect of England doing well treated as a bad thing

Comment

You need to get out more.

Comment

That's fine by me. I'm looking forward to the AEB 's anguish and discomfort, in an only mildly amused and non-judgmental way of course, for many years to come. The surfeit of young talent that England currently possesses should mean that the team is at least competitive in major tournaments for the next few years at least, which will make a change, and the style of play is pretty easy on the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanmid View Post

I was just watching a rerun of Frankie Boyle hosting that show at the apollo, and he had a great line "It's not that all Scottish people want the england team to do badly at international tournaments, some would be happy to just see the team plane crash into a mountain."

Now that's a bit extreme, but I wouldn't weep if Gareth Southgate got piles. England can't be allowed have nice things. That entity has not behaved itself well recently. As a nation you are on the naughty step.
                                            Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-03-2019, 02:44.

Comment

Oh dear.
                                              https://twitter.com/piarais91/status...941814786?s=19

Comment

Morons. I've got to say, the choice of song is pretty surprising.

I thought that it was going to be the clip from the end of the England game where Danny Rose just booted someone up into the air in the 92nd minute and he got a booking, and Dave Mcintyre and chris sutton are banging on about how that was a lazy tackle, and that Gareth southgate is going to have to consider the decision making etc....character..... but hark, what is that I hear in the background, is that the faint sounds of monkey chants.... i've got to say that there are down sides for doing your commentary over a live feed, rather than being there.
                                                Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 26-03-2019, 02:48.

Comment

Originally posted by wingco View Post
                                                  England are looking really good, Sterling on fire. I've had to retire the Wing Commander.
                                                  You couldn't just make him Scottish for a while, could you? A stuck-up Morningside type could work quite well.

Comment

Don't forget to check out the Royal Bar's webcam tonight. Hopefully they'll be singing 'Marching through, Georgia'

Comment

Working...
                                                    X