Patrice Evra. He's a bit of a c**t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patrice Evra. He's a bit of a c**t

Paris, you are some faggots, some faggots, I’m telling you. We [United] put our D team [against PSG] and we did you. Some kids played – they used to clean my boots. They don’t even have sperm. Paris, you are some pussies.
    Homophobic and mysogynist. Sure it must be a mistake. Let's look at the apology.

I am not homophobic. I love everybody. So, if I offend someone or I hurt someone, I apologise. You know it’s not my intention but they (the French.media) just try and put me down.
    Oh that's OK then. It's the media's fault you made a Homophobic video.

Taken straight out of the Franck Ribery school of diplomacy that.

Comment

As a slight diversion, why is 'some pussies' misogynist, but not 'a bit of a c**t'?

Comment

You're probably right, but cunt as an insult in UK vernacular is so much further divorced from its origin than "pussies" that it seems different to me. Like the difference between idiot and retard. I'd never use the latter in either case.
        I accept that not everyone agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
          As a slight diversion, why is 'some pussies' misogynist, but not 'a bit of a c**t'?
          I think it was decided some good while ago on OTF that the use of 'c**t' is perfectly fine in any context.

(Similarly Facebook, where certain terms are deemed acceptable dependent upon who it is that's using them.)

And Evra's always been a twunt.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            You're probably right, but cunt as an insult in UK vernacular is so much further divorced from its origin than "pussies" that it seems different to me. Like the difference between idiot and retard. I'd never use the latter in either case.
            I accept that not everyone agrees.
            I'm not sure if I'm 'right' or not, as I wasn't suggesting you were wrong - I was just wondering about it, it struck me as a disparity.

Comment

Perhaps a native French-spreaker could explain how the terminlogy of "pussies" is applied in French. Not much doubt about the term "faggot" though.

Comment

The owners of PSG thinking homophobia is a bad thing seems like a new development

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                  Perhaps a native French-spreaker could explain how the terminlogy of "pussies" is applied in French.
                  Maybe the anthropologist who gave evidence about Rioplatense Spanish in the Suarez case knows a colleague?

Comment

Naughty beak.

Comment

christ, what a gobshite.

Comment

Nah, beak's alright.

(arf)

Comment

The word he used in French was 'baltringue', not sure why it's been translated as pussy as the French word isn't gendered at all (it basically just means a cowardly or pathetically weak person). If anything the misogynist seems to be the translator here.

No question about the homophobia though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                            The word he used in French was 'baltringue', not sure why it's been translated as pussy as the French word isn't gendered at all
                            Lately younger folk seem to have started using the feminine article -- la baltringue -- which might add a pinch of misogyny to the insult. But i agree that 'pussies' isn't a good translation here, especially as Evra used the ungendered plural. Standards for translating ugly snapchat banter just aren't what they used to be.

E10: PSG were certainly more reticent to characterise Serge Aurier's comments as homophobic. (Refresher: Aurier referred to Laurent Blanc as a 'fairy' and a cocksucker.)

Comment

Evra is a bellend, that's been clear for some time now. His apology/explanation video was a disgrace, seemingly claiming he can't be homophobic because he loves this game. All that's missing was him doing it in a panda costume.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                All that's missing was him doing it in a panda costume.
                                Whilst licking more raw poultry.

Comment

Originally posted by laverte View Post
                                  Standards for translating ugly snapchat banter just aren't what they used to be.
                                  Totally unanticipated laugh-out-loud moment there.

Comment

Working...
                                  X