Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Footballers Campaigning for a People's Vote

https://twitter.com/ericdier/status/1106119092925353985

He is basically a portuguese citizen of nowhere, and member of the urban elite though.

Comment

He was born - and has spent almost half his life - in the UK. He also pays a lot of tax here. Good on him.

Comment

urban eliltist.

Comment

I wonder why Jah hates democracy?

Comment

What do you think a 'People's Vote' is?

Comment

It's spitting in the face of democracy. That's what it is.

Comment

The urban elite's droit de seigneur.

Comment

Normally I'd agree. Not in this instance, however.

Comment

Alain Pardiola paying for a bus for People's Vote marchers remains my biggest surprise, although it became less of one when I found out his wife is Swedish.

Comment

Holloway blames VAR on the EU

https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/status/1164058646634008579?s=20

Peter Reid regularly retweets Carole Cadwalladr

https://twitter.com/reid6peter/status/1163834045597458438?s=20

https://twitter.com/reid6peter/status/1163816341779800065?s=20

Reid part of the woke Everon team with Neville Southall

Comment

That Holloway clip is rapidly attaining carphone warehouse status

Comment

I wouldn't be grouping Neville Southall and peter reid together. Southall is by all accounts exactly as he seems. There's a lot more to reid than twitter and brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                            Alain Pardiola paying for a bus for People's Vote marchers remains my biggest surprise, although it became less of one when I found out his wife is Swedish.
                            how had this escaped your attention? Given that he's basically a Ricky Gervais Alpha character, you can imagine that This is something he has mentioned once or twice.

not a footballer, but Delia Smith likes a good second referendum march more than just about anyone. I can't imagine that that goes down well with a lot of her core market.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                              I wouldn't be grouping Neville Southall and peter reid together. Southall is by all accounts exactly as he seems. There's a lot more to reid than twitter and brexit.
                              Do tell...

Comment

Holloway denies he is "that stupid" for blaming the EU for the new handball rule

Then goes on to prove he's a pigshit thick retard by claiming rules are "handed down" by the EU.

Thick Brexit clown.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...e-ian-holloway

Comment

That Peter Reid piece in full.

Everton's 84-85 title winners need to run this government of national unity shindig

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post

Do tell...
                                    His time at sunderland gets its own chapter in Tom bowers book broken dreams. Lets say he was a bit of a wheeler dealer when it came to players.

Comment

My respect for Bower as a journalist has plummeted after his laughably failed Corbyn hatchet-job, but I can imagine Reid was a bit, er old school, in the Clough/Venables mould, when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Comment

I'd say that broadly covers it. Traditional "football man" activities.

Comment

Did anyone call out Holloway on his lie?

Comment

They were laughing too hard. Has he said anything sensible since calling the "crazy gang" a bunch of cunts?

Comment

That's the whole problem. Most people know it's absolute bollocks but there are some who'll believe him. He needs to be properly called out on this and publicly say he was talking shite, until then he shouldn't be employed by Sky.

Comment

The quotes in the Guardian article Guy links to above – both the quote from the initial appearance and those regarding his subsequent self defence – do, I think, demonstrate that Holloway was getting his words mixed up very badly on live television rather than actually thinking the EU write the rules football is played by. They make this clear in spite of the fact that he refuses to actually admit that that's what happened, but still. Don't get me wrong, I disagree with almost everything he's quoted as saying in that article (except perhaps that the hand ball rule has been shorn of all nuance by recent changes), but he is indeed not that thick. Even if he also clearly isn't especially bright (or maybe he was having a bad day. It happens to us all).

Comment

Working...
                                                X