No announcement yet.

Home is where the Hart is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a pretty crap view from the back of the away section behind the corner flag for Wales' visit in the football in March 2017.

Comment

Casual observations from photographs:

- Looks like the pitch is mostly in shade. Aesthetically I like a pitch bathed in sunshine, but so it goes
      - I note the pitch is raised on a mound - I think there's an NFL pitch underneath it (not quite sure how it works). The gradient on the sides doesn't appear to be as steep as Old Trafford, where I think it's actually dangerous
      - Distance from the pitch is still a bit too far for my liking, but probably as good it's likely to be in a modern stadium of that size

Other than that, it looks really nice. Will try to tick it off with Watford next season...

Comment

Originally posted by seand View Post

Is there a significant number of restricted view seats in the Aviva? I've never noticed any and I've been in the gods several times. I'd have thought the quality of the stadium was somewhere down about page forty of the list of shitty things about Irish football, fwiw
        There certainly is restricted view for rugby, maybe just me but I got shit seats for the first two games there (one in the front row at the corner flag,the other one way up in the gods) that I took a dislike to the place and haven't been back, I should have been there for the F.A.I cup final against your mob last year only for a shit refereeing decision in the semi final but that's another story.

Comment

There was a very positive write up on the Guardian website this morning (of the stadium, the game barely got a mention )

Comment

It looks terrific to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
              Casual observations from photographs:
              i'll answer inline

- Looks like the pitch is mostly in shade. Aesthetically I like a pitch bathed in sunshine, but so it goes
              That's how it will be due to the orientation of the pitch as its North/South like the old pitch, the pitch has shifted another 100m north.

[- I note the pitch is raised on a mound - I think there's an NFL pitch underneath it (not quite sure how it works). The gradient on the sides doesn't appear to be as steep as Old Trafford, where I think it's actually dangerous
              Now this is a design flaw. The pitch seems about half a metre raised from the run off area around it wichb like OT is sudden and steep. It's really bad in the corner areas and I think players will have to amend their corner taking routine. I can see many incidents where players will get hurt crashing into barriers when being barged off the pitch like at OT.

- Distance from the pitch is still a bit too far for my liking, but probably as good it's likely to be in a modern stadium of that size
              #
              Now this is the surprising bit, The Stadium looks really compact, the sightlines are good everywhere and even up in the gods you don't feel miles away. If you were in the stadium and you were asked to guess the capacity, you would assume it was about 45,000 and not 62,000

Other than that, it looks really nice. Will try to tick it off with Watford next season...
              it's a nice stadium to come and watch you team get a resounding thrashing

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                It looks terrific to me.
                The bottom of the toilets have alternating Arsenal and West Ham crests so you are invited to take a dump on your rivals.
                The above may or may not be true.

I am sure your boys will take great pleasure smashing this place to pieces, a nice touch A3 sized reproductions of the front covers of match day programs going back to 1901. Many from the 70's and 80's which were mainly men contesting headers like the head version of the NBA tip off, or 50/50 tackles of course.

Comment

Any idea what the maximum away capacity for Premier League games is going to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    Any idea what the maximum away capacity for Premier League games is going to be?
                    Not sure, Isn't there is a percentage in the PL rules. The only way around this is if you have an old stadium where you cannot safely segregate that number?

I read up on it. it's 3000 minimum or 10% on stadiums with a capacity of less than 30,000
                    Last edited by Tactical Genius; 25-03-2019, 22:06.

Comment

Did you see Danny at the game. He said its a great view.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                        Did you see Danny at the game. He said its a great view.
                        I wasn't at my regular seat as i was moving away to sit with my Son. You coming on Saturday?

Comment

No but I’m going to the palace game. Can you make that.

think we’ll meet in the BrownEagle for Rice and peas and jerk chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Not sure, Isn't there is a percentage in the PL rules. The only way around this is if you have an old stadium where you cannot safely segregate that number?

I read up on it. it's 3000 minimum or 10% on stadiums with a capacity of less than 30,000
                            Thanks. I wonder what the maximum will be. 3K isn't a lot for a 62K-capacity stadium.

Comment

Now this is the surprising bit, The Stadium looks really compact, the sightlines are good everywhere and even up in the gods you don't feel miles away. If you were in the stadium and you were asked to guess the capacity, you would assume it was about 45,000 and not 62,000

Thats what amazed me on first visit to Camp Nou. Even up in the Gods where they stuck away fans, the vertical nature of the design meant you didn't feel that far away from the pitch. A Mr Magoo like me could still make out the action and even individual players. Felt further away halfway up Croke Park with a shallower gradient when that stood in for Ireland's games prior to the Landsdowne refurb.

Comment

Regarding the food area, I remember hearing somewhere that if Spurs don’t call this area Deli Alley, they’re missing a trick. Boom. Boom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                                  No but I’m going to the palace game. Can you make that.

think we’ll meet in the BrownEagle for Rice and peas and jerk chicken.
                                  Is that the Brown eagle next to the library?

Definitely will be there. not sure if I am working in London that day, else i'll be making the long trek from Wolverhampton. Might stay at my place in Enfield if I can't get a train home.

Comment

Originally posted by DPDPDPDP View Post
                                    Regarding the food area, I remember hearing somewhere that if Spurs don’t call this area Deli Alley, they’re missing a trick. Boom. Boom.
                                    That's not a bad idea.

Comment

It’s a long time since I’ve felt this excited about going to a straight league game. I feel a bit like I used to when I was a kid and my Dad used to take me. Obviously a bit of a wrench for him being an Arsenal fan and that, but that’s what being a good parent is all about.

Going early to check out the stadium, enjoy the craft brewed beer in cups that fill from the bottom and soak up the atmosphere. Finally going home. Let’s hope that Palace play their role of lambs to the slaughter properly.

Just heard that they don’t want us going to WHL station as they seem to have forgotten to upgrade it. even looking forward to the long walk up Tottenham High road.

Comment

Why are they calling the new Spurs stadium “High Road” on the Grauniad live blog tonight? Surely that’s not its name... Is the hack assigned just taking the piss?

Comment

So, come on chaps. What was the new stadium like? Marks out of 10 for atmosphere?

Comment

Spurs are champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                              I was at the lane yesterday, A very impressive stadium.
                                              It has a unique feature where you can walk around the stadium once you are in the inside concourse. You have to go up and down in one corner so you don't mix with the away supporters. I am not sure how this would work as technically, you can buy a seat in the cheap seats and then end up behind the goal or a more lucrative end. The stewards won't check your ticket when you try and sit and as long as nobody comes to move you, you will be good. I can see this causing disruption and scuffles in the future.

As for the food, it's like being in Shoreditch or Hoxton than a premier league stadium. Lots of craft beers (that fill from the bottom up). They even sell Parmesan and Rocket Pizza FFS.

I am old enough when you had a choice of monkey nuts or roasted chestnuts and the burger Van with fried onions was considered exotic.... The hood done change.

As for the football, I saw a lot of short little technical players on display, which for an U18 match was sacrilege. Since when has balanced two-footed players been a staple of English football, its enough for me to want to vote Brexit.
                                              Yeah, I do that at the Amsterdam Arena.

Show up a match that doesn't sell out. Wait until 5 mins after kick off when they start selling the no-show tickets with restricted view for 10 euros. Go in, walk around the concourse and sit in a prime spot and hope it is still 0-0.

Comment

I like Mance's take:
                                                https://www.ft.com/content/8912b8aa-...b-1fe89bedc16e

Comment

So second game in and that was an awesome stadium experience.
                                                  Dunno what it sounded like on TV but it was deafening in the stadium.

walking up Tottenham High Road you start to catch glimpses of the stadium from about half a mile away. The roads are closed to traffic about 400 metres from the stadium and you can really start to catch the atmosphere on a night like tonight. Walking up to the stadium with some moaning Mancs and even they were impressed with the general fuck off size of the thing.

got in about half hour before the game started and went to the front of the south stand which is impressively close to the pitch, then walked right up to the top which is 82 rows in a single tier,

We have fantastic seats just about smack in the middle of the stand. Our neighbours are a massive improvement in the dickheads in front of us in the old Paxton Road family stand.

SO already we have a match to remember with the crowd really finding their voice last night. That was one of th best atmospheres I’e ever experienced at footy. Right up there with League cup semi against Arsenal, beating Inter curtesy of Bale and the Orient/Oxford death or glory fest.

Comment

To be fair, it sounding pretty incredible on the radio.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X