Home is where the Hart is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home is where the Hart is.

So finally looks like there going to be a test event at new White Hart Lane aka the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium aka The Greggs Bakery Arena.

With a bit of luck first home game will be v Brighton on 7th April and we may host a champs league QF as well.

Wembley for league games has become a really negative experience - I’ve only been twice this season.

Can’t wait to get into the new ground - .have got what should be great seats in the south stand about two thirds of the way up directly behind the goal. South stand has no corporate (although spurs couldn’t resist creating the 1882 club at £2k a pop). 17500 capacity in a single tier starting just 5 metres from the pitch.

Obv a disaster that the cheese room has been paired but rumour is that the food and drink will be competitively priced and the stadium open for drinking after the matches.

all sounds like a bargain at £1b.

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
    With a bit of luck first home game will be v Brighton on 7th April and we may host a champs league QF as well.
    Maybe, but I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm still of a mind that next season's opener will be the unveiling.

Comment

I just wish it was called White Hart Lane.

Comment

Well, that's what most people will still call it.

Comment

Wednesday 3rd April 2019 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace.

finally going home. Who else will be there?

Comment

I wonder what team Leah Krietzman supports? Maybe a journalist should ask her.

TfL says change is subject to public consultation but football club appears to be telling partners decision is made

Comment

She did receive some free tickets from the FA

Comment

For Tottenham games. Fancy!

Comment

I hope they don’t get to rename WHL station. I’m still seething at Gillespie Road on the Piccadilly Line being called after the Woolwich interlopers.

Comment

That is a long seethe.

It does smack of our inferiority complex.

Comment

Wednesday 3rd April 2019 Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace.

finally going home. Who else will be there?
                      Planning on being there. Depends on a few other extraneous factors.

Comment

I'm always surprised there's a station anywhere near WHL to rename. As in decades of going there I've never found one convenient to use if you're travelling from most of the rest of London.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-03-2019, 13:28.

Comment

Overground stations at Northumberland park and WHL are about a 10 minute walk.

seven sisters to WHL stadium must be one of the least picturesque walks in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by NHH View Post
                            I wonder what team Leah Krietzman supports? Maybe a journalist should ask her.
                            The mighty Mariners don't have such trivial problems. Grimsby's main train station is already called 'Grimsby Town' in order to distinguish it from 'Grimsby Docks'. Though most people get off in Cleethorpes if they are going to a game.

Comment

seven sisters to WHL stadium must be one of the least picturesque walks in the UK.
                              Have you walked from Wolverhampton train station to Molineaux?

Comment

What is wrong with it ? Just checked it out on Google Maps, and is looked alright there.

Comment

Additionally, you have South Tottenham Station (about 400 metres north of Seven sisters station) on the London overground which has direct trains to North-East and north West London. Wood Green and Turnpike lane Stations are a 15 minute bus ride away too and a 10 minute walk through Bruce castle park.

I went past the football ground yesterday afternoon, the cranes and most of the Cherry pickers are gone, however the upgrades the the surrounding stations Tottenham Hale, Northumberland Park and white hart lane are nowhere near ready. And the new station being built 200m south of Angel Road (Opposite the big Tesco and Ikea) doesn't even look half built.
                                  The handful of home games this season is going to be carnage, here's hoping the infrastructure will be ready for kick off next season.

Wolverhampton station isn't far from the football ground. You walk part the Carvers, cross Stafford road and your more or less there.

Comment

Dalmarnock or Bridgeton to Celtic Park aren't exactly Urban Renaissance. I love Glasgow more than almost anything, but the East End is a still a bit fucked and half derelict looking.

Comment

Burnley Central to Turf Moor isn't going to win many awards.

Comment

South Kensington to Stamford Bridge is just awful. The prices!

Comment

Old Trafford station to Old Trafford takes you past Old Trafford cricket ground and The Trafford pub and the Old Trafford Chip shop so must be the most boring walk in England in Terms of nomenclature.

Comment

Burnley Central to Turf Moor isn't going to win many awards.
                                            Yeah but the nice thing about Burnley is you can see the hills from practically anywhere in the town.

Comment

I was at the lane yesterday, A very impressive stadium.
                                              It has a unique feature where you can walk around the stadium once you are in the inside concourse. You have to go up and down in one corner so you don't mix with the away supporters. I am not sure how this would work as technically, you can buy a seat in the cheap seats and then end up behind the goal or a more lucrative end. The stewards won't check your ticket when you try and sit and as long as nobody comes to move you, you will be good. I can see this causing disruption and scuffles in the future.

As for the food, it's like being in Shoreditch or Hoxton than a premier league stadium. Lots of craft beers (that fill from the bottom up). They even sell Parmesan and Rocket Pizza FFS.

I am old enough when you had a choice of monkey nuts or roasted chestnuts and the burger Van with fried onions was considered exotic.... The hood done change.

As for the football, I saw a lot of short little technical players on display, which for an U18 match was sacrilege. Since when has balanced two-footed players been a staple of English football, its enough for me to want to vote Brexit.
                                              Last edited by Tactical Genius; 25-03-2019, 13:10.

Comment

I'm sure the stewards will be a lot more stringent when the real football starts, what are the sightlines like? I gave up going to Ireland international football when the FAI and IRFU redeveloped Landsdowne road and made a bollocks of it, how can you build a stadium in the 21st century and still sell tickets with restricted view?

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                  I'm sure the stewards will be a lot more stringent when the real football starts, what are the sightlines like? I gave up going to Ireland international football when the FAI and IRFU redeveloped Landsdowne road and made a bollocks of it, how can you build a stadium in the 21st century and still sell tickets with restricted view?
                                                  Is there a significant number of restricted view seats in the Aviva? I've never noticed any and I've been in the gods several times. I'd have thought the quality of the stadium was somewhere down about page forty of the list of shitty things about Irish football, fwiw

Comment

Working...
                                                  X