The new WSC with Sideshow Bob and a keeper on the cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new WSC with Sideshow Bob and a keeper on the cover

Mine arrived today. Reasonable gag on the front. Didn't make me laugh though.

Nice story about the George Best souvenir fiver, featuring Warnock Plenderleith.

Or Colin Wanker, the red LP cover (7, 12) as we know him on the Xwords thread

Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 05-03-2019, 11:27.

Comment

I've waited a day to find out who Sideshow Bob is. I now know but, to be honest, I'm still not much wiser.

Comment

Really?

Comment

Ah right ta. I know enough about the Simpsons to recognise it's from the Simpsons but that's about it. I should have guessed - about 90% of references I miss tend to be from there.

Comment

I had completely forgotten that Kasey Keller had spent time at Rayo Vallecano.

Comment

I've just read the entire issue on the train to Liverpool. Even the season in brief.

Comment

I started at the back, with season in brief. Often it, the letters, the short bits at the front are the only things I read until months later

Comment

My gripe with Mr Pearson is that our ground isn't on the way to the Yorkshire Dales.

It's alongside the old A1, or Great North Road.

But apart from that it's a good article.

Comment

But that is how you'd get to the Dales from Darlington. Down Grange Road to the A66 until you get to Scotch Corner on the A1 which is one of the gateways to the Yorkshire Dales.

I thought it was an excellent article. Reading about Darlington and Feethams in particular makes me very nostalgic.

The other highlight was the season in brief. It's always fun to revisit the capitulation of Wolves over those last couple of months of that season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                      The other highlight was the season in brief. It's always fun to revisit the capitulation of Wolves over those last couple of months of that season.
                      It really is. But I'm a bit disappointed the infamous lap of honour after the win over Gillingham that sent Wolves 12 points clear wasn't mentioned.

Comment

'Twas an interesting season for us. We didn't win for the first 10 games. Or the last 10 games...

Comment

It took me longer than it should have to work out what was going on in the photo with the fan holding a life sized cut out of Kasey Keller. The acreage of cardboard required for KK's billowing yellow jersey must have eaten into the profit margin on that item.

My first thought on seeing the Season In Brief was "You've Let Us Down Again".

Comment

Exactamente! On both points. I knew I wanted to raise something regarding Kasey Keller but I just couldn't remember what. I've thrown away my copy now but that photo you mention, Ben, was super odd. I just couldn't work it out.

And yes, I nearly posted that Wolves image upthread. Particularly relevant to that article. It was, of course, from that season and also the still was from a match that was broadcast on ITV digital.

Comment

Lovely piece by Imp about him and his uncle.

Comment

Harry Pearson got it wrong about the location of Blackwell Meadows though.

It's next to the route of the old Great North Road as it enters town from the south, not the "road to the Yorkshire Dales"

A good article mind you.

Comment

I've already said that,haven't I?

Middle onset senility.

Comment

The geographical injustice is clearly preying on your mind.

Comment

Working...
                                    X