Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, Sinama Pongolle, it's the Europa League Knock-Heist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's some wonderfully non-emotive medal giving from Infantino there.

Comment

Cahill doing a John Terry

Comment

...although from the recipient's viewpoint, it must seem like magic. Beautifully choreographed.

Comment

Ah, Queen...

Comment

...and then Blur...

Comment

Pleasing.

Comment

I can't remember the last time I wanted Chelsea to win anything. But it turns out that I did, today. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                  Cahill doing a John Terry
                  Rob Green taking it to the next level though. Lovely stuff from the young City stopper.

Comment

David Pleat was insufferable on TNT. What a fucking waste of space. Might be a nice guy AFAIK but he's been crap for 30+ years and still gets gigs.

At least Arsenal eased the tension by not turning up for the second half. Result was predictable given how Arsenal ended their league campaign and (to be fair) the disgraceful treatment of a key player forcing them to field an under-strength side.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                      David Pleat was insufferable on TNT. What a fucking waste of space. Might be a nice guy AFAIK but he's been crap for 30+ years and still gets gigs.

At least Arsenal eased the tension by not turning up for the second half. Result was predictable given how Arsenal ended their league campaign and (to be fair) the disgraceful treatment of a key player forcing them to field an under-strength side.
                      Mkhitarian wasn't going to start this game so let's not have that as an excuse(If that's the key player you are refering to).
                      And if he had played he would have done fooking nothing.

After a bright start, the fell apart due to their lazy front three not tracking back into midfield whenever they lost the ball. Once Chelsea got into their rhythm and "1000 passes" started to move the ball around, it was a wrap.
                      Kante played like a 40 year old Alan Ball, barely moving off the right wing position but pinging the ball around in short and medium distances with excellent accuracy, all the time while Auba and Laca-bloodclart-trophy stood hands on hips.

Like most Spurs fans, Chelsea winning stuff doesn't matter much as long as Arsenal and West Ham don't.

Comment

Thanks for the correction.

The game showed that, with regard to being in shape for next season, Arsenal have bigger problems than Chelsea do*, although Chelsea now have to replace Hazard, which is a tough ask.

*If Man U push on, Arsenal can't finish higher than 6th as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Can't they just have the whole match on Spidercam?
                          Christ, I fucking loathe spidercam for live action. Great for reviewing play but it gives an absolutely rotten view in real time

Comment

By the way, a grand total of one Englishman started the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Mkhitarian wasn't going to start this game so let's not have that as an excuse(If that's the key player you are refering to).
                              I assumed he was talking about Ransay being sidelined. Although he might have been injured, I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Christ, I fucking loathe spidercam for live action. Great for reviewing play but it gives an absolutely rotten view in real time
                                It was a gag based on the appalling main camera angle/distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

I assumed he was talking about Ransay being sidelined. Although he might have been injured, I'm not sure.
                                  Ramsey suffered a hamstring injury against Napoli and has been out of action since. He's going to miss Wales' qualifiers next month, as will Ben Davies who needs a groin operation after the CL Final. Horrible echoes of Lyon against Portugal with those two out.
                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 30-05-2019, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

Ramsey suffered a hamstring injury against Napoli and has been out of action since. He's going to miss Wales' qualifiers next month, as will Ben Davies who needs a groin operation after the CL Final. Horrible echoes of Lyon against Portugal with those two out.
                                    I see. Ramsay probably would have started if fit instead of Ozil and would have made a better fist of things in the second half when Chelsea started to turn it on. going into an end of season final with only one of your first team players injured is pretty good going (not sure if Bellerin would have started but I stand to be corrected). Chelsea had far more injury issues and Kante was clearly not fit despite playing.

Interesting news about Ben Davies and that could explain his iffy form this season as there are quite a few Spurs players playing through injuries at the moment (Alli, Kane, Trippier, Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Vertonghen).

Comment

Spurs are taking on the mantle of Arsenal as the team with the most players made of glass

Comment

Working...
                                      X