Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, Sinama Pongolle, it's the Europa League Knock-Heist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Answering my own question Wolves - Spurs in the early seventies (two legs). Or is my memory playing tricks and actually it was crap?

Comment

If I remember "The Glory Game" correctly, one of the legs was excellent, and the other was crap.

Comment

Wasn't the Bayern Dortmund CL final fairly good? Wrong result obviously.

Comment

Lazio v Inter? Or am I mixing something up?

Comment

Real Madrid v Valencia!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
              Real Madrid v Valencia!
              Nope. Only one team turned up on the day.

Comment

Yes, but it wasn't Milan v Juventus.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                  Done

Excellent. Thanks, ursus.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                    Yes, but it wasn't Milan v Juventus.
                    With you on this, Worst final ever?

Comment

Wasn't the Steaua win a bit of a stinker too?

Comment

Marseille v Red Star 1991 for me, considering how exciting both sides had been in getting to the final.
                        Last edited by jwdd27; 20-04-2019, 17:47. Reason: Got the year wrong

Comment

My nomination is PSV-Benfica in 88.

Eintracht Frankfurt-Gladbach was a good UEFA Cup Final, with Eintracht winning it late in the return leg after a 3-2 at Gladbach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                            Can anyone here point me to a European final featuring two teams from the same country that was actually fun to watch?
                            The Madrid derby one a few seasons back was in the balance until injury-time.

Comment

Not that I look back to it with any great fondness, of course, and most of OTF at the time proclaimed rather loudly that they wouldn't be watching it as some sort of protest or something, but wasn't Chelsea V Man. Utd. in 2008 a decent game? There was certainly plenty of incident but was it deemed to be a game of mediocre quality?

Comment

I'm not sure there was a huge amount in it for the neutral. I watched it again a couple of years later, and was surprised to notice that Michael Carrick was the man of the match by miles. (It's not something I noticed at the time) the thing was that even though not much happened, you knew that it was because really good defenders at the peak of their game, were keeping really good attackers at the peak of their game quiet. This was a very serious game

Man utd got the early goal and were able to play against chelsea on the break, and had two great chances from Chelsea corners but Tevez fluffed it. Chelsea had much the better of the second half, scoring their trademark frank lampard goal, and drogba hit the post. then man utd had the slight upper hand in injury time as chelsea got a bit more defensive. I wonder what the world would have made of a rematch a year later.

Comment

Do no Spanish language channels have these games in the US?

Comment

Univision has them, though I'm not yet sure of channel assignments.

We are still 90 minutes from the kickoffs.

Comment

Found it: UniMas - Comcast 230, 668 or 676

Comment

Unimas - Arsenal, Univision - Chelsea.

Comment

It doesn't seem to have started very well for the Arse.
                                          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 02-05-2019, 19:21.

Comment

You were saying?

Comment

Cracking start to the ArseVale match. Not really watching the other one. Just caught an early booking.

Comment

and now they've equalized

Comment

Saw that header by Frankfurt 8. Beauty.

Comment

GooNAHS 2-1. Keeper flapped a bit.

Maybe a bit harsh, but needed a stronger wrist.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X