No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, back in the CL, as they were fourth in the PL.

Comment

So how many English players have there been/will there be in these all-English finals?

Comment

One started the Arsenal-Chelsea on weds

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
          So how many English players have there been/will there be in these all-English finals?
          Spurs have named seven in their squad of twenty-six.

(And Arse winning the Europa wouldn't have put us into that tournament.)

Comment

Eight in Liverpool's - would be a shock if more than three started.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
              Eight in Liverpool's - would be a shock if more than three started.
              There only ever used to be four or five in the Liverpool teams that won it in the 80s. The rest were always Scots, Welsh and Irish (and by 1984 a Zimbabwean).

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                No, there's got to be some 'neutral' sales, there's a massive game taking place in their city, their ground so it seems unfair to shut the locals out of the occasion. And club employees and former players deserve an allocation too. It's the huge wodge that go to sponsors that I'd like redistributing, especially as that happens anyway through the grey market.

TG - Yes, I hope Spurs are able to track those fans down and take their season tickets or membership off them, some Liverpool fans have done the same for every final and there's been a real clamour to identify them this time around and make sure there are real consequences for them if they're fleecing their own fans.

Do you know, I really don't mind too much if a real fan, with decades of support and match-going experience under their belt but who is down on their luck and desperately in need of some money and couldn't afford to go to the final anyway, decided to flog their ticket for what anyone was prepared to pay for it. The vast majority of tickets on the black market come from touts and the corporate sectors - those are the individuals I'd hammer.

Comment

Comment

Done a bit of canvassing for a successful city councillor so was invited to watch it in the Mansion house with free pints, I'd already promised another mate I'd go to watch it with him, oh well.

Comment

Just tried putting on the shirt I wore in 2005. It seems to have ... shrunk in the wash.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                        Done a bit of canvassing for a successful city councillor so was invited to watch it in the Mansion house with free pints, I'd already promised another mate I'd go to watch it with him, oh well.

Which option are you binning off?

Comment

We're driving from Norwich to my best mate's place in Enfield. Despite being very much in Spurs country, we'll be cheering for Liverpool, as his step-son and my nine year old both support them.

I'd be happy for the youngbloods if their team come through, but would be secretly pleased for Spurs if it goes their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Which option are you binning off?
                            Mates are mates, he texted me this morning asking "are we still on for tonight?" So I'm meeting him,got a text an hour ago did I want tickets for Madness and the Lightening Seeds tonight, everyone wants to give me free stuff today.

Comment

You'd imagine Ian Broudie is going to try and knock out the Lightning Seeds set pretty sharpish and get backstage to watch the match.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post

Mates are mates, he texted me this morning asking "are we still on for tonight?" So I'm meeting him,got a text an hour ago did I want tickets for Madness and the Lightening Seeds tonight, everyone wants to give me free stuff today.

Good man.

I suppose that with the big match on the box there are quite a few tickets for various alternative entertainments, that are scheduled for the same time, suddenly up for grabs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Despite being a hideous dollop of shit that shirt does at least prove once and for all the slimming effect of pinstripes.

Comment

Jesus I was just going to type my support for Tottenham Hotspurs and it comes on the radio Reyes has died and they are having a minutes silence before the game.

Comment

Kane starts, Moura on the bench.

Comment

Can BT please show some trailers that don't feature that twat Tyson Fury please?

Comment

Tyson Fury will be in a Guy Ritchie type gangster movie within five years.

Comment

Christ, the adverts are repetitive, aren't they

Comment

This may just start on time.

Comment

They'd better get a bloody move on getting those covers off the pitch then.

Comment

That's that, then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X