CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CL knockouts

It's about to kick off at Old Trafford. I see that Ed Woodward has told the Sun that they're going to appoint Solskjaer at the end of the season in an amazing piece of "Path of least resistance" thinking. When Magic Ed said something similar about how LVG was a genius and they were going to extend his contract after drawing a top of the table clash with Leicester, within a fortnight man utd were out of the CL, were down to one defender who wasn't in the u-21s, and with so many midfielders missing that Fellaini and powell were in the team.

I strongly considered putting a fiver on a PSG, Chelsea Liverpool accumulator over the next three games to ease the inevitable pain.

We can but hope that Mr Sock Drawer scales the giddy heights of LVG-ness.

Comment

Rather surprised at how poor United's ball retention has been tonight - PSG hardly have to press to regain possession.

Comment

Two goals down, not coming back from this.

Comment

Roma 2 up.

Comment

Porto get one back

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
              Two goals down, not coming back from this.
              Probably not, but remember that PSG do have some very significant demons around CL last 16 ties.

Comment

Mbappe is very fast.

Comment

I may be wrong but is this the first time that Man Utd have lost a home European tie by more than a one-goal margin?

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/optajoe/status/1095441751135928320?s=21[/URL]

https://twitter.com/optajoe/status/1...135928320?s=21

Comment

The game changed when Lingard and Martial went off. Mata and Sanchez are slow/shit so PSG could push further up the pitch and squeeze the life out of us. I reckon they'd have done us anyway, like, as they're miles better (even without Neymar and Cavani) and looked far better organised.

Didn't get my half-time Hot Vimto so I blame myself for this defeat.

Comment

Mbappe is very fast.

yes. That incident where young hauled him down was startling. That wasn't great. You could see that man utd don't have a very evolved idea of how to play with or without the ball yet.You could see the hesitation at key moments, and the inability to get close enough to each other. At least it was the traditional way that man utd played badly when they weren't quite at the races. Letting in that first goal from a set piece was a bad move, and I sent Garcia a text message after about 20 minutes saying that Pogba was going to get sent off. He wasn't getting enough support and had two men on him, and he was lunging to win it back, and I'm amazed that it took so long for him to get sent off. In hindsight, maybe going with lukaku might have made a bit more of an impact as he's a bit less like what PSG would have been used to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          Mbappe is very fast.

yes. That incident where young hauled him down was startling. That wasn't great. You could see that man utd don't have a very evolved idea of how to play with or without the ball yet.You could see the hesitation at key moments, and the inability to get close enough to each other. At least it was the traditional way that man utd played badly when they weren't quite at the races. Letting in that first goal from a set piece was a bad move, and I sent Garcia a text message after about 20 minutes saying that Pogba was going to get sent off. He wasn't getting enough support and had two men on him, and he was lunging to win it back, and I'm amazed that it took so long for him to get sent off. In hindsight, maybe going with lukaku might have made a bit more of an impact as he's a bit less like what PSG would have been used to.
                          McClair said the other week that the way we play, with Matic and Herrera basically playing as auxiliary centre backs, that all PSG had to do was sit on Pogba and we'd be fucked. You saw in the first half the gap in midfield, there was fucking loads, and a slightly sharper PSG would have done something more than just keep twatting long balls into touch. But the minute they had to stop worrying about the counter attack, and could squeeze up into that space, we were going to get fucked. We had no answer.

Good job I never get sick of watching fullbacks twat crosses into defenders or into a box with no attackers in ti.. Saw loads of that tonight.

Comment

0-2 may have flattered Man United. I imagine Mourinho would have parked the bus deeper (and a bigger bus). Would still have lost but would have made PSG look less attractive.

Comment

OGS looked rather emotional at the end. Upset rather than gutted.

Comment

Oh dear, this doesn't look good:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47218439

I know he's (rightly) regarded at Man U as a workshy wage thief, but throwing stuff at him? Not cool.

Comment

Yeah. There was a lot of that about last night. I saw three bottles thrown off my section onto the away fans below. Then the bottle that came from the once laudable now laughable singing section. Meanwhile PSG fans threw a lighter at someone taking a corner, then pulled down the nets keeping them from the disabled section and spilled on there causing some of the fans to leave. A weirdly aggy atmosphere given there's no history between the two sets of fans. I saw a handful of lads starting on the away turnstiles despite the fans still being inside.

It's stupid for a lot of reasons, but they've only just started selling beer inside OT again for CL games, and to put that at risk by being a ten men little shite is dumb as fuck.

Comment

Though it's typical of Di Maria to pick up the beer and only pretend to drink it. Frauding at the highest level once again.

Comment

"being a ten men little shite"?

I must admit hearing about di Maria taking the piss out of Man U last night (on many levels) did make me wish I'd seen the game.

Comment

"Being ten men" - Acting as if you are ten men, not just one. Being overly confrontational, often from the safety of distance.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                          "Being ten men" - Acting as if you are ten men, not just one. Being overly confrontational, often from the safety of distance.
                                          Oh yeah? Says who?

Comment

I swear at one point on the BBC pundits' live feed last night Phil Neville said, at 2-0 down, "get one back now and they only need to win 1-0 away". Ah, the away goals rule...

Comment

Manchester United away goals count double.

Ajax against Real Madrid tonight. Ajax's form has fallen off a cliff the last few weeks, and Onana has turned into Massimo Taibi.

Bog standard European elimination by Real Madrid coming up.

Comment

André Rieu. FFS

Comment

The BT sport lot think a depleted Spurs will beat the Bundersliga leaders apparently. I van't see it personally.
                                                  Last edited by Tactical Genius; 13-02-2019, 20:05.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X