No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was telling an acquaintance about the £6500 match ticket I'd been offered. He thought it was a bargain.

Comment

I'm a natural pessimist when it comes to Spurs so I fully expect a shellacking.

That being said, the atmosphere at my cousin's house, where all but about 3 people (big family get together, will be around 50-60 people there) will be cheering Spurs on, will be truly electric if they were to do it.

Comment

Blimey. Can I come to yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
          I fully expect Spurs to win, I dreamt it a few years ago and it didn't make sense (I dreamt playing against Brighton in an unfamiliar stadium) for some reason, I was playing and was hopeless in the game and hearing lobachesky shouting, "we have no midfield, before I scored a 20 yarder in the last minute. At that time, I thought it was a stupid dream, but now i realise it was a case of astral projection into the body of Christian Eriksen. In the dream Spurs went on to win the CL against a team in red. At the time, I assumed it was Arsenal.
          No, that's not this year, it's next year, and it's not you playing Brighton it's you beating Porto in the Europa League final in Gdansk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
            Blimey. Can I come to yours?
            You can, but I won't be there.

My cousin's though - quite possibly...

Comment

Getting nervous now. Just had a Chelsea fan mate wish Liverpool well tomorrow. Now I knew Chelsea fans hated Spurs, but not so much, I thought, to want them to lose to Liverpool?

Comment

Oh no, they (and Arse) hate us like there's no tomorrow. (As indeed it were.)

Originally posted by Simon G View Post
                You can, but I won't be there.

My cousin's though - quite possibly...
                Ha. Sounds like a lot of fun.

With the tickets having gone north (of six grand), it now looks like I'll be watching in a Balham pub with a few friends - two of whom are Liverpool fans...

Comment

I had the chance to go but it was a total of £21k for the weekend with my kids, and going without them isn't really an option.

So we'll be doing tapas in the afternoon then at WHL for the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobachevsky View Post
                    I had the chance to go but it was a total of £21k for the weekend with my kids, and going without them isn't really an option.

So we'll be doing tapas in the afternoon then at WHL for the match.
                    We should have flown to France and hired a people carrier mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                      Ha. Sounds like a lot of fun.
                      Meet at 12, Footgolf at 2 (for money, so will be more contested than the Champions League Final), BBQ on return then settle down for the final.

Drinking from the moment we meet at Joe's - I may be flat out by kick off...

Comment

yep you're right. my costs are tripled on these trips though.

Comment

Head says: Spurs' luck runs out and they get a spanking.

Heart says: Hope it's a closer game than it looks on paper. Not bothered who wins it except that Liverpool have the moral factor of having been unlucky last season and not having done much wrong this season whereas Spurs have blown hot and cold and have had to rely, more than Liverpool have done, on opponents making errors of selection or basic defending.
                          Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 31-05-2019, 19:15.

Comment

I’ll be watching on my own so that when Spurs are 2 up with 10 minutes left I can text congratulations to my Brother in law and go to bed.

Comment

I'll be in the forest in Sweden without a telly.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                I’ll be watching on my own so that when Spurs are 2 up with 10 minutes left I can text congratulations to my Brother in law and go to bed.
                                The way both teams have been playing this season, it's way to early to pack it in at the 80 minute mark.
                                I'll wait til it's 90+4 to start commiserating.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                  I'll be in the forest in Sweden without a telly.
                                  You should be OTF's main TV critic.

Comment

Would still be better that Sam Wollaston.

Comment

Find myself really disappointed that the OTF Spurs contingent can't get to the final. Both clubs should get 1/3 of the available tickets at affordable prices - but let's face it, the fans are not a consideration, when it comes to making big money from these occasions they're almost an inconvenience.

Fuck Uefa and their corporate partners in the arse with a scaffold pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                        Find myself really disappointed that the OTF Spurs contingent can't get to the final. Both clubs should get 1/3 of the available tickets at affordable prices - but let's face it, the fans are not a consideration, when it comes to making big money from these occasions they're almost an inconvenience.

Fuck Uefa and their corporate partners in the arse with a scaffold pole.
                                        To be fair, there are a lot of Spurs supporters touting their tickets with a massive markup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

You should be OTF's main TV critic.
                                          And forest correspondent.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                                            Both clubs should get 1/3 of the available tickets at affordable prices
                                            You mean 1/2 each, right?

Comment

No, there's got to be some 'neutral' sales, there's a massive game taking place in their city, their ground so it seems unfair to shut the locals out of the occasion. And club employees and former players deserve an allocation too. It's the huge wodge that go to sponsors that I'd like redistributing, especially as that happens anyway through the grey market.

TG - Yes, I hope Spurs are able to track those fans down and take their season tickets or membership off them, some Liverpool fans have done the same for every final and there's been a real clamour to identify them this time around and make sure there are real consequences for them if they're fleecing their own fans.

Comment

The only European Cup final I've ever been to was Wembley in 1992 and we got our tickets at face value off a bloke in a pub in Southampton, of all places, who said he'd changed his mind about going. I think in those days they sold a proportion of them at the box office at the actual ground, in the days before the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post

No, that's not this year, it's next year, and it's not you playing Brighton it's you beating Porto in the Europa League final in Gdansk.
                                                  I’ve lost track of this issue in all the heady excitement of an all-English final...so if Spurs lose they’re in the Europa?

Comment

No, that was only if Arsenal won cos Chelsea were 3rd anyway. As you were.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X