CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sash View Post
    Is The Awesome Berbaslug feeling OK? Genuine question.
    The Venables-Thompson post last night had me thinking that too. Very dark for OTF.

Mourinho has gone; Man U will eventually become competitive in Top 4 terms; Liverpool's supremacy is likely to be temporary given the cash gulf between the two clubs; so why the bitterness?
    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-05-2019, 18:57.

Comment

Hmmm Kasper Dolberg. Bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
        Mazraoui back in at right back. Veltman on the bench. To give Spurs something to think about when commiting players forward I suppose.

Better not go to extra time because Mazraoui's mammy will be expecting him home.

​​​​
        She won't be putting tea on, though, given it's Ramadan.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
          Mazraoui back in at right back. Veltman on the bench. To give Spurs something to think about when commiting players forward I suppose.

Better not go to extra time because Mazraoui's mammy will be expecting him home.

​​​​
          And extra time is duly avoided.

Comment

Good start for Ajax, although a little nervy just then and Spurs were nearly in.

Comment

Nec Quisquam Nisi Ajax?

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

She won't be putting tea on, though, given it's Ramadan.
                It's after dark

Comment

Neither team look like they can defend here. Both getting joy going forward, but falling apart at the back.

Comment

2-0. Spurs need to get their act together, and quickly.

Comment

Spurs could easily have had 2 goals already if they were as proficient in front of goal as Ajax.

Comment

Caught the 2nd goal, a barn burner.

This final is going to be epic!

Comment

Ziyech was sensational that half.

Comment

Spent the whole week shitting myself at the prospect of Son being in the Spurs team.

Comment

De Ligt resembles Ray Winstone as Carlin in Scum.

And I have a bit of a crush on Ziyech.

Comment

Sissoko has been hampered by the yellow card, but that was well deserved as he was very late.

I think Lucas has been a bigger threat than Son

Comment

Sissoko has been hampered by the yellow card, but that was well deserved as he was very late

It looked like he put a full set of studs on him actually, but that seemed to be more of a result of the odd position they found themselves in rather than too much malice.

Ajax are very happy to sit off spurs and keep their shape, until they get the ball back and then attack in that shape . Spurs don't have the control to their play to deal with that. It also doesn't help that you can see that when spurs players are looking to cross the ball they have to look to see where Lucas is, whereas they would know where Harry Kane was. It injects a certain amount of hesitancy to their play.

That first Ajax goal was a reminder that if you every dig up one of those matches involving the ajax team of the seventies, for all the self praise that cruyff was fond of, a lot of their success was built around having big shitkickers who could put their head on a set piece.

Ooh and moura scores.

Comment

Oh, I've jinxed it on the other thread. Well done, me.

Comment

Well.

Comment

Schone has buggered that up by knocking it away from Onana. Taken off and this is now horribly tense.

Comment

I think the youth would call this "a madness".

Comment

I flick over to the Brexit documentary for a few minutes, and suddenly Spurs are level!

Comment

Ajax should have put it to bed again.

Comment

It may be steeped in corporate wankery, but this season's competition has been as good as anything I can remember in football.

Comment

All these missed half-chances are bad for my nerves.

Comment

I'm hoping that Ajax follow the same "Draw at home, win away" model that saw off Real and Juve.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X