CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    I clearly picked the wrong day to spend at a conference.
    Or the right day, in that you didn't have to watch that Barcelona car crash live.

Comment

Doubt it.

EDIT: To TrL

Comment

I don't think I've ever experienced any emotions like that in 60 years following Liverpool. Hope you're OK Les it must have been something else being there.

Comment

That was just unbelievable. I think my Man Utd supporting flatmate is in a greater state of shock than me.

Comment

Of course, this will make Spurs fans more convinced that the impossible will happen tomorrow night

Comment

Nah, the year doesn't end in a one.

Comment

I've just seen Coutinho get a 3/10 rating online and that is genuinely the first time I've realised he was on the pitch tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by torres View Post
                  I don't think I've ever experienced any emotions like that in 60 years following Liverpool. Hope you're OK Les it must have been something else being there.
                  Yeah, bit hoarse and still shaking my head in wonderment to be honest. I was pretty sure we'd win the game, but at 3-0 I felt we'd run out of steam and get done towards the end. At 4-0 I was totally convinced they'd pinch one at the death. Still can't quite believe what happened.

Did our our good deed for the day on the way out when we met two stunned and lost Barca fans and walked them down to Walton Road so they could get a cab back into town without any dickheads bumping into them.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Tonight's been a rollercoaster, like.

Comment

I feel as though I've been in a washing machine for three hours.

Comment

Congratulations to the Liverpool fans on here for a wonderful second leg which just showed how complacent and disbelieving Barca really were. Be fun if it snows in Madrid during the final and the head of the snow patrol team is a Leicester fan.

Comment

Whee!

Comment

Bugger, I was hoping Ajax would win it, now the fuckers can grind into dust.
                              Last edited by Lang Spoon; 07-05-2019, 23:03.

Comment

That's exactly why might happen. Although, our defence is better than Barcelona's. And our players actually have the legs to go with the football.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post

I suppose the thinking was that a 3-1 defeat would give Liverpool a chance to qualify for the final with a home 2-0 win, whereas going home with a 0-3 result gives them little chance of sucess.
                                  How's that working for you. Thrilling eh...

Comment

This is the most entertaining CL knockout phase I've ever seen. I think the second leg of City-Spurs still pips this for being absolutely banana crackers, we're all extremely lucky to get two games of such magnitude, and Ajax merrily dumping out grand old clubs on the road is the cherry on top.

Two years in a row now that Barcelona have absolutely spat the bit on the road, I do wondering if Valverde will be joining the "Ejected from the Summit" thread.

Comment

Well this is fucking bleak.

Comment

That Trent Alexander-Arnold corner is probably the best thing I've seen in football for years. The sheer vision and instinct from the young lad, and Origi's finish was fantastic as well.

Well done Liverpool. I just hope Spurs can make it now - though I am definitely expecting the worst there.

Comment

I dreamt all that, right?

Comment

As much as it pains me to see Liverpool succeed, I think Klopp really, really deserves a European title and the recognition that goes with it.

I am just glad we poached David Moyes in 2013 before anyone else got him instead of this German fella (fucking hell, fella just got auto corrected to Fellaini there, my own phone is taunting me).

Comment

Originally posted by Knowlesy View Post
                                              fucking hell, fella just got auto corrected to Fellaini there, my own phone is taunting me.
                                              Clear the cache next time.

Comment

Nuts, absolutely nuts. I'm normally quite optimistic but I gave Liverpool minus Salah/Firmino no chance really, expected Barcelona to roll with the punches in the early flurry then pick off a rope-a-dope 2-0 win. What a season it's been. The corner was incredible - credit to TAA and Origi but the defending just beggars belief. I work with a really quite weak under-9 side and you still wouldn't expect that level of switching off. Much as I'd like to see Ajax go all the way I think Klopp and Liverpool deserve a big shiny pot this season. Hopefully Klopp can finally get one over the line

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                  When his name is mentioned in full by a commentator does everyone else sing to themselves :

Divock Origi, she's my baby
                                                  Divock Origi, I don't mean maybe
                                                  Divock Origi, she's my baby doll
                                                  My baby doll, my baby doll
                                                  Yep, every time.

I also sing the verse to Cinderella Rockerfella when somebody mentions 'Udinese'.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                                    Congratulations to the Liverpool fans on here for a wonderful second leg which just showed how complacent and disbelieving Barca really were. Be fun if it snows in Madrid during the final and the head of the snow patrol team is a Leicester fan.
                                                    You've lost me?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X