No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinicius living up to the hype, unlike many Brazilian predecessors.

Comment

Yeah fuck football

Comment

The man makes Eeyore look like a wild-eyed optimist.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
          If Son were able to play every game, he'd have a strong case for Footballer of the Year.
          He's an excellent player and probably somewhat underrated. Spurs certainly miss him when he's unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
            Are CL games still alcohol free or is that just the finals? A shot a while back of an Ajax fan standing & singing with gusto while prominently waving around what I suspect to be a pint of alcohol free beer?

Benzema finally scores a goal in what's been a really good, open game.
            According to EIM, Man.Utd. have just begun selling booze at European games.

Comment

If Pulisic is worth £60 million to chelsea, I wonder what sancho is likely to cost, when some english team feels obliged to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

According to EIM, Man.Utd. have just begun selling booze at European games.
                Yeah, it seems the rule was changed just prior to this season :

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/uefa-...ue-alcohol-ban

Comment

How on earth have Ajax not scored in this game? Their passing and movement is pulling Real all over the place but, as Anton says, the finishing doesn't do it justice,

Comment

AJAX GOAL AS I PRESSED SEND!

Comment

Hurrah!

Comment

The ultimate Wenger goal!

Comment

Ajax may regret the alcohol ban being lifted given a deflection off a plastic pint glass on the pitch has just wrong-footed their keeper and given Real a corner.

Comment

As a (sometime) Arsenal fan, it pains me to really enjoy this Spurs game, and Spurs winning.

Comment

As a (sometime) Arsenal fan, it pains to really enjoy this Spurs game, and Spurs winning.
                              TBH, sometimes you have to try to forget rivalries and just enjoy the sport that we all love, or at least used to.

Comment

This is priabbpr the best Ajax have played since they beat Man City a few years ago .

Real are there for the taking.

Erm .. ah bollocks

Comment

Smash and grab.

Comment

That's a great pass for the 2nd Madrid goal.

Comment

DR, from here the Lucas Vasquez foul looked to be in the opposite order.

Comment

Meanwhile the French lads upstairs are cheering their heads off.

I'll never understand people from outside Madrid who choose to support Real. What exactly is the appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                          The BT sport lot think a depleted Spurs will beat the Bundersliga leaders apparently. I van't see it personally.
                                          Transparent reverse badmind.

Comment

Spurs were excellent in the second half; Vertonghen, Sissoko, Eriksen and Son all very impressive and way too good for their Dortmund opposite numbers. A joy to watch in this mood. They might embarrass a very big side in the QFs, or it might be just too hard to sustain this level with that squad. Will be fun to find out.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 14-02-2019, 02:24.

Comment

Son was a bizarrely inconsistent player in terms of finishing and technique. He certainly seems to have resolved that issue. That first goal was lovely, though even I would have fancied my chances with that cross.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                                                Meanwhile the French lads upstairs are cheering their heads off.

I'll never understand people from outside Madrid who choose to support Real. What exactly is the appeal?
                                                I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna suggest it's something to do with all the glamour and trophies.

Comment

Sadly the reason why many choose their teams. (I know I'm setting myself up here, so don't feel the need to make the obvious comment...)

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                                  Spurs were excellent in the second half; Vertonghen, Sissoko, Eriksen and Son all very impressive and way too good for their Dortmund opposite numbers. A joy to watch in this mood. They might embarrass a very big side in the QFs, or it might be just too hard to sustain this level with that squad. Will be fun to find out.
                                                  With Kane and Alli (and possibly Dier and Davies, if they can get back in) to return, there're grounds for cautious optimism, I'd say.

Comment

Yeah, there are a lot of Dutch Ajax fans from well outside Amsterdam who follow Ajax for the trophies and fame.

The old Ajax stadium (De Meer) and the old stadium they used for European matches (Olympisch Stadion) were much closer to the centre of town. The new stadium (which is now 23 years old, jaysus) was built on the outskirts of the city, next to a motorway and intercity train station. The club have been able to fill the extra capacity in the stadium with lads from the country. Must be why they play them schlager music now, and not the techno/gabber they used to play at the old stadium. (With the way Amsterdam is gentrifying at an alarming rate, I'm not sure there are many true Ajax fans left living in the old De Meer neighbourhood anyway.)

After last night's match, Sergio Ramos said he got himself booked on purpose so that he could start the QF with a clean slate. Now he is backtracking on twitter. It's Sergio Ramos, so he is unlikely to face any sanctions.
                                                    Last edited by anton pulisov; 14-02-2019, 10:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X