No announcement yet.

CL knockouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evidently the two Manchester clubs played at home on the same evening back in 2008.

Comment

I look forward to going in EIMs pub on the afternoon of the Man U v LFC semi final first leg and buying him a pint.

Comment

I'm not complaining about the ties being reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
          Evidently the two Manchester clubs played at home on the same evening back in 2008.
          Which two games are they then? looked it up on worldfootball.net and I can't find two fixtures on the same day. Certainly not two CL fixtures as Man City weren't in the CL either season.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

Which two games are they then? looked it up on worldfootball.net and I can't find two fixtures on the same day. Certainly not two CL fixtures as Man City weren't in the CL either season.
            I found it here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lubs-same-city

No, certainly not two CL games. But there were 53,000 at OT and 25,000 at City's ground.
            Last edited by Sporting; 15-03-2019, 14:06.

Comment

Ah I missed the league cup games on the Manchester United page.

UEFA rules wouldn't apply, but I think they've become more strict anyway regarding domestic games clashing.

Comment

The QFs start this week. I think Ajax have the best chance of upsetting the expected last four of Man C, Liverpool, Barcelona, Juventus but to be honest, no side has been 100% convincing this season so I wouldn't write anybody off.

I don't like all-Premier League ties in this competition so will probably skip both legs of Man C v Spurs unless Spurs unexpectedly win the first leg.

Comment

Liverpool will labour to a 2-0 win tonight and then survive a mad helter-skelter ride next week that sees Porto go 4-2 up on the night with a minute to go then hit the bar in injury time.

Comment

I'm starting off watching the all-English tie. And you?

Comment

Both.

Comment

No prizes for guessing.

Gary Lineker: "I'm glad you stayed alive to see this, Glenn (Hoddle)..."

Hoo, and indeed, ha.

Comment

Shit, that was quick.

Comment

There's the massively-deflected opener, then. I'll take another, ooh, five or six of those?

Comment

I am the only one who thinks that the officials are taking the piss out of City's kit choice by wearing sky blue shirts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                                Both.
                                2 tellies?

Comment

Justice done

Comment

Yeah. Obviously only use two when there are conflicting sports, or two good games on. ('Im indoors loves tennis, and I usually have the baseball on in the background.)

Comment

Justice done, I think these new rules are a joke.

Comment

Good. Now f*** off with this nonsense.

Comment

Obviously there will be opinions...

Comment

Yellow card a joke as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                                              Good. Now f*** off with this nonsense.
                                              Just say fuck, for fuck's sake. <winkything>

Comment

Did any City players appeal for the pen? Not clear from my feed.

Comment

Not that I saw.

Comment

2-0

Comment

Working...
                                                    X