No announcement yet.

Bray-debunk: League of Ireland 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand to be corrected, but I believe Corcoran is the first player to appear on Countdown the same day he picked up a Player of the Month award in a top level professional football league

Comment

And by coincidence, the conundrum, which was WASHBOARD could also spell BOHS AWARD

Comment

A good week for most of the favourites, Shamrock Rovers easily beat Sligo, Cork city end Bohs unbeaten start and Dundalk beat Derry, main disappointment for their fans so far is St Patrick's Athletic who, despite spending serious money, were beaten again by Waterford,themselves having an underwhelming start to the season.The battle of the promoted clubs was easily won by UCD, 3.0 victors over Finn Harps.

Comment

St Patrick's Athletic are making a late bid for Europe,despite the season ending last October. They've sent a letter to the F.A.I claiming that Waterford are ineligible,apparently clubs have to be at least three years old to play in Europe and Pats are claiming that when the new owners took over they created a new club so they weren't three years old when they qualified. "Fucking embarrassing " was the opinion of a Pats supporting mate.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
            St Patrick's Athletic are making a late bid for Europe,despite the season ending last October. They've sent a letter to the F.A.I claiming that Waterford are ineligible,apparently clubs have to be at least three years old to play in Europe and Pats are claiming that when the new owners took over they created a new club so they weren't three years old when they qualified. "Fucking embarrassing " was the opinion of a Pats supporting mate.
            Understandable though. I'd be in favour of my club chasing it. Isn't it about 200k for losing in the first qualifying round? And double that if you can negotiate one round. But more importantly it's European football.

Comment

As we also said,is there anyone left up in Abbotstown to sort it out,it's probably landed on the desk of some 19 year old work experience bloke.

Comment

St Patrick's Athletic to replace Waterford in Europe, don't think they'll take this lying down considering they'll have included European money in their seasons budget.

Comment

People call the league of Ireland a summer league but in truth it's more of a spring/ summer league. For example they've managed to cram 9 league matches into April and the start of May including four in 22 days over these two weeks.
                  Anyway this weekend could be a crucial early guide to how the rest of the league will pan out. The table at the moment is

SHAMROCK Rovers played 13-31 points
                  Bohemians p12 26 pts
                  Dundalk p 12 24 pts
                  Derry city p 12 21 pts 21
                  Rovers are obviously in the driving seat but this weekend they travel to Dundalk before a home game on Monday against in form,5th place St Patrick's Athletic. Bohemians are at home to Waterford before travelling to Derry. Dundalk follow up the Rovers game with a trip to Waterford and Derry are at home to struggling Cork city before playing Bohs.
                  The permutations are all over the place,it could end up with Rovers sitting pretty or there could be an almighty pile up at the top,should be interesting either way.

Comment

Edit;should read 4 matches in 12 days

Comment

Working...
                    X