Snowed off show offs, midweek matchgoing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowed off show offs, midweek matchgoing thread

I'm in that London tomorrow and got a ticket for Arsenal v Cardiff. Going with my Cardiff season ticket holder mate.

We organised this before the Emiliano tragedy and I'm wondering what kind of tribute will be paid.

This time last season, I had more offers of tickets for Liverpool home games than me and my mates could handle. On Wednesday, I'll be watching on telly. There's some fickle bastards out there.

Comment

I’m heading to my “torn between two lovers” fixture tonight, as Port Vale visit Rodney Parade.

Comment

I'll be at Bradford City v Shrewsbury assuming nothing too drastic happens to the weather in the next few hours

Comment

I didn't realise there were so many D 3/4 games tonight, are they games that were postponed because of cup commitments/bad weather?

Comment

The City/ Shrewsbury was supposed to take place on 3rd round weekend so I would imagine most of the others are for the same reason

Comment

I wonder why Wimbledon played theirs last Tuesday when everyone else waited until this week.

Comment

Originally posted by HORN View Post
                I’m heading to my “torn between two lovers” fixture tonight, as Port Vale visit Rodney Parade.
                Well, do you? Do you feel like a fool?

Comment

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's lovely bunch of lads faces Sean Dyche's Brexit Hardcore. Dyche has played an all white starting XI for the past 8 games in a row, which I'm sure appeals to the town that had 66.6% support for leaving the EU. Any sane person, and I consider myself largely sane, will be hoping that Manchester's Old Fashioned Good-time Boys, the footballing reflection of our cosmopolitan and continental city, will shellac Burnley all the way back up the M66.6 and into the 21st Century.

I will of course be there. Hot Vimto and a United Pie at half time. Walk straight onto a tram home. Back in time to watch Winterwatch on iPlayer before bed. United!

Comment

Come on Burnley.

Comment

More vile racism from Chelsea's support. I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I just can't help myself.
                        Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 29-01-2019, 17:55.

Comment

On my way back from a Joint Delivery meeting with Caledonian Sleeper in Glasgow.

Bolton v Reading.

Utter, incompetent shite v dull, possessional shite.

The highlight of tonight is that I have had confiscated from my bag; a fruit knife, a lap top charger and two Co-Op haggis.

This time next week it is Hamburger SV Reserves v Teutonia Hamburg.

Comment

Yes, yet another 75% possession stat against a fellow team in the relegation zone, we are awesome.

This translates into boring the opposition into conceding a goal.

The only downside is that the pesky home team bombard our wafer-thin defence in the last five minutes.

Rotherham equalised in the 92 minute, tonight, Bolton have in the 93rd.

Comment

Well that was close. A defeat there would have been like when one of your favourite characters gets killed in Game of Thrones by some ugly minor character who has no right even being in the programme. But luckily for fans of Manchester United, football, and racial equality, we snuck a draw at the death. For the second season in a row Burnley were undone by their own time wasting. Dyche really is a terrible, terrible bastard. He looks like a bailiff, which is enough to convict regardless in my honest imho.

Still, credit to Burnley. They did very well considering they played with two rugby league players up front.

Didn't get a Hot Vimto as the kiosk I went to only did cold drinks. And my United Pie was soggy as fuck. Honestly, it was like the dark days of Mourinho all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

Well, do you? Do you feel like a fool?
                                Having parted with Ł21 for that 90 minutes of bobbins I’m certainly feeling sheepish.

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

And while I can take the dreaded banter, can we please stop the insinuation about Burnley because of the colour of their current starting eleven. That's pretty low.

Comment

Current starting XI? It was the same last season. I find it remarkable.

Comment

Top of the table clash at Luton vs Portsmouth last night and it was one of those I was there moments, a 3-2 win in the snow under the lights to continue the longest unbeaten run in 50 years was one every fan will be talking about in years to come.

The first half was honestly the best team performance I have ever seen in 30 years of watching, how we were only 1-0 up was nothing short of a miracle. I took along an Arsenal supporting neutral and he remarked at half time that it was more like watching Man City vs Burton the other night than two teams within 2 points of each other in the league.

Portsmouth came back into it the second half but the relentless drive and togetherness shown by this team is unbelievable especially considering the circumstances of the man who built them unceremoniously turning on his back on everything he preached and buggering off to Stoke, no replacement manager or coaching staff, the captain out injured for the season and having arguably our first choice front three all unavailable. There is a long way to go but this is shaping up to be one of the great seasons.

Comment

Arsenal 2 v 1 Cardiff

Very even game, real end to end stuff. The Emirates is still my favourite stadium. The stewards could have dealt with the loud twunt behind us who shouted homophobic slurs at Lacazette. (When my friend challenged him his response was "It's OK to call him a faggot because he's a faggot." She brought that to the steward's attention at half time and second half he got pounced on when he shouted it and told off. He was quiet after that. I imagine if he'd shouted the N word there would have been an intervention sooner. Ah, well. We have a way to go.)

The Sala tribute didn't really come off to be honest. It was meant to be a minute's silence but people started applauding, some Cardiff fans started singing, it was a disjointed mess. We all had yellow cards to hold up but that wasn't very well coordinated.

But the football was good. Arsenal are indulgent and attempt one pass too many. Oumar Niasse played well but Cardiff still need a striker. Aaron Ramsay came on as a sub and got a bigger cheer from the Cardiff fans than any of the Cardiff subs. Fans who left early missed a really good Cardiff goal in injury time.

Got home at 2am to an iced over car park.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                            This statement is bollocks.

Comment

He picked an all white starting XI for 27 consecutive games last season.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                Aaron Lennon? Or being mixed race doesn't count now?

Comment

Liew wrote this in December. At the time he wrote it not one minute had been played by a non white player. Lennon was signed in January sure enough. But at a time when 33% of PL footballers are BAME, I find Dyche's record remarkable.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8124456.html

Comment

Working...
                                                  X