2019 Copa Libertadores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Unlike the Libertadores, the next round of Sudamericana ties will be played in the next few weeks before the Copa America starts.

This means I'll be able to see Fluminense v Atlético Nacional who are going through a difficult time and are nothing like the team they were two years ago and coach Paulo Autuori returns after a brief unsuccessful spell at Flu last year. Also there's Botafogo v Sol de América but I shall have to rely on Jason to tell me something about the Paraguayans.

Comment

I was a bit behind with LIbertadores matches and then swamped with work. I think we're going to see the problems with the year-long competition play out. Liga could throw some chaos into the mix but only for that first match. I'm guessing that we're headed for another Boca-River matchup and it's hard to see any serious challenges outside Boca, River, Gremio, and Palmeiras. July is a long time away so things will change but the big clubs can handle the changes.

It's good that we've got some Sudamericana the next couple weeks, although I'm not a fan of teams dropping into the competition from the Libertadores.

Comment

I'm pleased that Liverpool have hedged their bets on winning the Champions League by sneaking into the Sudamericana as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
            I'm pleased that Liverpool have hedged their bets on winning the Champions League by sneaking into the Sudamericana as well.
            See also a 'fake' River Plate and a Universidad Católica doppelganger.

Comment

Working...
            X