No announcement yet.

Plane missing with Cardiff City footballer onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was heading along similar lines. It's like scratching an itch, you know it's wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
    Blimey! Someone has been arrested for Sala's manslaughter!
    Just Sala's? Or two counts, Sala and Ibbotson?

Comment

Absolutely, but it's probably best that we don't speculate further.

Comment

Not specified

“As part of this investigation, we have to consider whether there is any evidence of any suspected criminality and, as a result of our inquiries, we have arrested a 64-year-old man from the North Yorkshire area on suspicion of manslaughter by an unlawful act.

“He is assisting with our inquiries and has been released from custody under investigation.

“This matter therefore is still subject to a live investigation and I would ask the media and members of the public to refrain from speculation, as this could cause additional distress to the families involved, as well as potentially hinder the investigation.

“As is standard practice, we will not be releasing any further information as to the identity of the individual who has been arrested unless that person is charged to appear in court, and again would discourage any speculation in relation to this.”

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
          I was heading along similar lines. It's like scratching an itch, you know it's wrong but you can't stop yourself.

Just Sala's? Or two counts, Sala and Ibbotson?

Yes, that's a point. Maybe just one victim is referred to in such cases or maybe it's connected to the fact that only Sala's body was recovered and identified.

Comment

A BBC report back in February had the usual pilot of the plane as aged 60. Turns out he is 64 now. The BBC's info may have been wrong a few months ago.

Comment

No "speculation" necessary. The Times named the arrested man on their front page yesterday. He was the regular pilot of the aircraft who couldn't do the flight.

From the report it looks like the Times sent a reporter to his house and talked to his neighbours when the chap wasn't home / didn't answer the door.

Comment

This case brings out the worst in humanity

Two people are facing prison sentences after they admitted accessing footage of the footballer Emiliano Sala’s postmortem examination.

Comment

Can't see anything inhumane about putting the fuckers behind bars.

Oh.

I see what you did there.

And holder of an outsourcing contract from the NHS.

Just Fancy That!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                    Can't see anything inhumane about putting the fuckers behind bars.

Oh.

I see what you did there.

And holder of an outsourcing contract from the NHS.

Just Fancy That!

take what they get,fuck 'em,bawbags

Comment

Carbon Monoxide poisoning also leads to erratic behaviour and bad decision making doesn't it? That could explain the variations in bearing and altitude in the last few minutes of the flight.

Comment

Very much so.

This is at least negligent homicide in my book, though there are an Agatha Christiesque number of suspects, many/all of whom may have contributed to the tragedy.

Comment

I'm surprised that CO detectors are not mandatory given that the gas is odorless.

Comment

Prison sentences handed down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-49771599

14 months and five months

About right, definitely a sentence pour encourager les autres.

Don't do it

Comment

Cardiff must pay.

Comment

Cardiff still seem to be implying in that article that they won't pay:

"Cardiff City FC acknowledges the decision announced today by Fifa's players status committee regarding the transfer of Emiliano Sala. We will be seeking further clarification from Fifa on the exact meaning of their statement in order to make an informed decision on our next steps," read a Cardiff statement."

Are they toying with taking FIFA to court over 6m Euros?

Comment

I'm surprised that life insurance isn't covering the costs involved so assume that players aren't covered for the full amount of their transfer value or, perhaps, often at all.

Comment

Oh, I've long since assumed that insurance is at the heart of this. Or rather, the lack of it. My guess is someone at Cardiff hadn't got around to finalising the policy, and then it was too late.

Comment

I think you're correct.

Comment

Cardiff City face a three-window transfer ban if they fail to pay Nantes the first instalment of the £15m fee for striker Emiliano Sala.

The Championship club have argued they were not liable for any of the fee because the Argentine was not officially their player when he died.

The world governing body's players' status committee (PSC) ruled Cardiff must pay the sum "corresponding to the first instalment due" in the transfer agreement and rejected the Welsh club's arguments on a variety of grounds.

The PSC report reveals Cardiff had sought to delay Fifa's judgement until possible civil and criminal proceedings, as well as an Air Accident Investigation Bureau investigation had been concluded.

They also argued Nantes would be "liable" for damages to them over the fatal flight, which was booked by Willie McKay and his son Mark, who was employed by the French club, to find a buyer for the player.

Comment

Now Cardiff attempt to pin the blame on Nantes. I should be staggered, sadly I'm not.

Nantes' comment seems to say it all :

Nantes criticised the Bluebirds over the latest move, saying it was "absolutely stunned by Cardiff's umpteenth attempt to exploit this tragedy".

Its statement added: "FC Nantes has always shown a very quiet attitude since the beginning of these events.

"FC Nantes has always acted in good faith, while Cardiff has made repeated attempts to destabilise public opinion with falsehoods.

"What clearly appears to be a media offensive is so inappropriate as we just paid our respect to Emiliano Sala in a few days and one day before the submission of Cardiff's memory deposit before the Court of Arbitration for Sport".

Comment

The slavish water-carrying on this in the last 24 hours by a number of British journalists has been absolutely deplorable (while instructive)

Comment

Tan and his lackeys clearly see declaring and winning a PR war as their best way of avoiding paying what they owe.

I'm glad Nantes have called them out for that and hope they end up vindicated.

Comment

Difficult to see a PR win for the Cardiff City board from this.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  The slavish water-carrying on this in the last 24 hours by a number of British journalists has been absolutely deplorable (while instructive)
                                                  I hadn't noticed that, any particular journalists?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X