No announcement yet.

Plane missing with Cardiff City footballer onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he means it's Cardiff that should do "the decent thing".

Comment

If he did, it is a classic case of an unclear antecedent

This is the biggest worry here: that Cardiff are going to allow this to become a saga with the potential to run and run. For the most part, Dalman [Nantes president] and his colleagues have handled an incredibly difficult situation with great dignity. Now they need to realise it has not helped anybody to go public and that it would be better for everyone, starting with the families of Emiliano Sala and David Ibbotson, if the club did the decent thing and nipped this in the bud. Football is still capable of doing the decent thing, isn’t it?

Comment

That's Mehmet Dalman, Cardiff's chairman.

Comment

Ah crap.

Should never read something like that before having coffee.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

No problem, you've done the same for me enough times!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post

1 The next clubs to play Cardiff were the most likely source of obscene chants

2 Any gathering of 20,000 people will include a minority cruel enough to do this and too stupid to realise the likelihood of being caught
              Watford and Everton?

Comment

what's your point Del? Mine is simply that there are cunts in every football crowd

Comment

I think it was about three months before I first saw opposition fans mocking Matthew Harding's death. Looks like the decency window is an awful lot smaller these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                    what's your point Del? Mine is simply that there are cunts in every football crowd
                    I don't deny it.

But if you were going to guess which teams had the cunts coming to the fore, Southampton, Watford, and Everton would not be my first choices.

Comment

I had this conversation regularly in the 80s and 90s

"Where do you see fans acting the cunt most often"

"Chelsea"

"That proves it, Chelsea are the worst of all"

"No. All it means is that I go there far more than to any other ground"
                      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 10-02-2019, 15:56.

Comment

The week after the crash, a Leicester supporting mate said that he had heard the "useless in the air" jokes on their forums. Leicester supporters!? Also, even taking onto account my somewhat one-eyed dislike of Cardiff, I can guarantee that, were the roles reversed, their support would be doing aeroplane actions.

Comment

@NS: I'm pretty sure QPR fans were just as unpleasant 20 years ago as now. They simply had less and slower means to show it

Comment

Heh - it was at the City Ground against Forest, actually.

I don't get wound up by that sort of nonsense myself, I usually just feel pity for the shallow morals or scruples of the antagonists, but Harding's kids used to travel to away games and I just hoped that they didn't see it or weren't too affected by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                              Also, even taking onto account my somewhat one-eyed dislike of Cardiff, I can guarantee that, were the roles reversed, their support would be doing aeroplane actions.
                              Yeah, my experience of Cardiff fans over the years is that, on the whole, they are fucking bastards.

Comment

Hmm, dignified statements by Choo and Warnock from the funeral earlier.

Though with 'Colin', anything's possible.

Comment

Colin seems to have come out of this whole tragedy in a favourable light, unsurprisingly it's the Cardiff board who haven't.

Comment

Saw him on the news saying “he was my player” which must’ve had the accountants and lawyers wincing

Comment

That link ain't working and I can't see the tweet but I saw a news story earlier that the flight might have been illegal as the pilot had dropped out of training or something.

Comment

Try this.

Comment

This follows Willie McKay feeling like he was being made a scapegoat in being involved in arranging the flights in a role he was not legally registered to act in (having been banned from doing so).

The man needs a dictionary.

Comment

Since posting above, I'd seen that as a headline on Sky Sports. It'll be interesting to see if this ends up as a criminal investigation.

Comment

Cardiff claim that they don't have to pay...

Comment

Christ what an appalling club.

Comment

Working...
                                                X