No announcement yet.

Plane missing with Cardiff City footballer onboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing is that cardiff clearly have the money, and if this crash hadn't happened, they would have just handed it over. I don't understand what grounds they're delaying it on.

Comment

Cuntitude

Comment

The body has been recovered from the plane wreckage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
          flagrantly corrupt and seedy decadent as 70s music journalism.
          Come again?

Comment

Are journos bought off with bribes off various sorts from clubs, Or is it just the fear of losing out on stories that cause some to be pliant club pets?

Comment

I think it is just the way that “access journalism” is done in British Football.

In order to be eligible for “scoops”, journos have to prove themselves willing to carry the club’s water when asked.

It isn’t dissimilar to Maggie Haberman’s “coverage” of Ivanka.

Comment

I can see how that would work with at Old Trafford, the Etihad etc but Cardiff City? This is a national newspaper not the South Wales Echo.

Tan's unofficial propaganda on FB are leading with "FA have not confirmed documentation completed" and "no confirmation of international clearance". So that's alright then.

Comment

Tan is a proper cunt, isn't he? I mean, really.

Comment

He is but my last post may be doing him a disservice. I was referring to still-brainwashed Cardiff City fans.

Comment

Ah, right, yeah, misread that. Although I'm pretty sure that just means they are too, but whatever.

Comment

Body recovered from the plane confirmed to be Sala's. RIP.

Comment

Some minor relief for his poor family thank god. I hope they find the pilot for the sake of his.

Comment

Cardiff will presumably hold off on putting in a claim on the player's insurance (16 million) and will donate to charity any interest they earn on the money they have failed to hand over to Nantes?

Is there a legal channel within football that Nantes can pursue or will it go through the civil courts?

PR-wise it's a massive blunder, talking away any sympathy to which the club might have been entitled from the tragedy.

Comment

Nantes have demanded the payment that is due.

If Cardiff continues to stall, they will bring the matter to FIFA, with the possibility of an appeal to the CAS/TAS. it is very unlikely that the civil courts will be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                He is but my last post may be doing him a disservice. I was referring to still-brainwashed Cardiff City fans.
                                It's always amuses me how quickly football fans become experts in whatever the issue besetting their club is, in this case, knowing the minutiae of where the paperwork is in the system and what that ultimately means, legally.

Comment

Christ, assuming local journalist Paul Abbandonato is appearing on Jeremy Vine's R2 show in his usual role as Cardiff's unofficial PR man, they really are going to try and stiff Nantes on the money!

Comment

I hope the searchers continue to try and find the body of the pilot, and that it's not all just called off because they've found Sala.

Comment

Carlisle were due to stage a minute's applause at 3.04pm tomorrow to mark the recent death of Nigel Saddington (popular former club captain, played 100 games at number 4, cult figure, retired in his mid 20s due to ME). They've now announced that following the discovery of Sala's body, this will be changed to a minute's silence before the game to mark both deaths. But fans are welcome to applaud on four minutes if they wish. And the pilot isn't being marked, but the club expresses his condolences to his family. There's still another 24 hours remaining for them to make it even more complicated.

Comment

Football is getting ridiculous for this. Obviously, Bordeaux (no relation) Nantes and Cardiff have every good reason to commemorate him. Any club has as well but, when you are remembering one of your own, no-one is going to criticise you for simplifying matters and not marking the death of someone completely unconnected with the club. It's the "let's celebrate the famous death" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                          I hope the searchers continue to try and find the body of the pilot, and that it's not all just called off because they've found Sala.
                                          Unlikely, the Sala's family crowd-funded part of the search for his body and, with bad weather hampering the search, I wouldn't be surprised if it is left now it has been found. Media reports directly after the disappearance also mean that there not be a massive public outcry if this is the case either.

Comment

When they'd brought the body up but before it had been identified, they'd already said that between the conditions and the fact they can't see the other body sitting there in the plane the search is basically over now. I don't see any reason to suppose that they'd have gone back on that if the body had turned out to be Ibbotson's.

Comment

Squabbles over money before Sala is even buried expose game’s hard face

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard

An interesting piece this, I didn't realise Willie McKay was the agent banned by Newcastle because he was an immoral scumbag.

How can 5 agents be involved in this deal? It shows how much vested interest in transfers people have and why scruples go out of the window.

Comment

Didn't we all just know there'd be some dickheads somewhere making aeroplane gestures at a match when the minute's silence was held?

But I don't think for a moment we'd've guessed Southampton.

Lifetime ban in the offing

Comment

Originally posted by Del Usory View Post
                                                  But I don't think for a moment we'd've guessed Southampton.

Lifetime ban in the offing
                                                  1 The next clubs to play Cardiff were the most likely source of obscene chants

2 Any gathering of 20,000 people will include a minority cruel enough to do this and too stupid to realise the likelihood of being caught

Comment

I honestly don't see how Taylor, having known of McKay and written that entire piece, can conclude that Nantes should "[do] the decent thing and [nip] this is the bud". His conclusion seems to be grounded in the belief that Cardiff are sociopathic and incapable of acting decently.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X