• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Ah, course it is. D'oh.

Comment

It is supposed to be Villas-Boas, yeah. Don't worry, Erwin, you weren't alone in asking, so that tells me that I probably didn't nail it. I've always been a bit rubbish at caricatures, which is why I'm far more comfortable drawing Mungo's world, which until now has entirely consisted of people from inside my branes (apart from Brian Sewell in episode one).

Comment

The Abramovich/Kenyon one from ages ago is one of my favourite cartoon strips of all time - right up there with stuff from The Beano and Viz.

Comment

The new Mungo is brilliant.

Comment

It absolutely is. I'm not one for overselling 200%, but he really has hit a new high with this month's which has so much packed into it that it took me an age to fully take it all in: http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=17278

Comment

Thanks chaps. I never really know whether people will enjoy these - perhaps because I spend so long drawing them that the jokes cease to be funny - so I'm really pleased that you both like the latest episode. I'm also pleased that I was finally able to slip in something unkind about Bristol City, which has been my ambition for a while.

Comment

Brilliant as ever, and tweeted from Buenos Aires.

Congratulations on the Bristol City reference. As OTFers with worryingly good recall will be aware, I went to secondary school with a load of Bristol City fans, and that has resulted in Rovers being much my preferred choice of the two Bristol clubs. So I appreciated it, even if hardly anyone else will.

Comment

That's one of the best yet. The gags about the Australian League, El Clasico and the name of the rocket being particular highpoints.

Comment

Magnificent stuff.

Comment

Yes, wonderful indeed - so much to absorb.

Comment

The El Clasico panel had me doubled up in laughter

Comment

Fantastic stuff again.

Comment

Okay, so it's been a while since I spammed you mothers with my cartoon blog, so here's something I scribbled about the fickle emotions of the modern football fan.

There are also links on that post to my final three episodes of Mungo. Much love to My Name Is Ian for allowing me to step in as caretaker manager. The consistently brilliant Dotmund is taking it back on, which I'm delighted about. I was never able to match his level of silliness, and frequently fell into the trap of being a bit too soapboxy, but I had great fun drawing them.

Comment

Oh, that's brilliant, Big Daves.

(And you're too self-effacing by half, you daft ... er ... ha'porth.)

Comment

I sent BDG an email about this last week, but I'll repeat it here. It has been an absolute pleasure to host his work this season, and hopefully I'll able to con, sorry persuade him into letting me borrow some of his older stuff at a later date. There has certainly been some interest from readers, and I hope it's played a small part in raising his profile because I don't think there can be any doubt that he deserves it.

For the benefit of both of Mungo's fans. Dotmund will be back with from the start of next season (although he will be cartooning in the mean-time - last week's effort featured Stephen Ireland's cock and balls), and we'll be sitting down (in a pub, with mojitos) to discuss where it goes from here soon.

I have collected all of the published Mungos together on one page here:

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?page_id=18166

There are 127 of them altogether. I was quite shocked at how high this number was. Maybe it's time for a book, or something.

Comment

A pub with mojitos?

*sucks teeth*

Comment

I'm kind of off beer at the moment. It has been making me angry for no good reason.

Comment

That Mungo season finale is something else. Didn't think I could laugh harder than the ring of overhit Gerrard passes orbiting the Earth, until the 'literally skinned him' a couple of panels later.

Jokes bruv. No, I'll go still further: Pure jokes

Comment

Hard though it is to say anything nice about a Swindon fan,especially in the season where the team from down the A420 ran away with the Division 4 under their fascist manager, the artwork [strike] is absolutely magnificent[/strike] shows some promise.

Comment

What nesta said.

Comment

Thanks again, chaps. I might use Nesta’s quote my promotional material (I don’t have any promotional material). Or perhaps I’ll sew it into my collar, like that new Man Utd shirt.
                                            Nef, that’s big of you, thanks. If I have one regret about my run of Mungos, it’s that I didn’t find the space to insult Oxford United. They’ll keep though.
                                            Can’t wait to see what a mojito-fuelled Dotmund does with Mungo next. The illustration about tattoos he put up on 200% last week was pure genius.

Comment

You know how we - rightly - chase everyone off the messageboard who just comes on to post links to their shitty little blog? Well, forget all that because here's a new drawing I put up on my shitty little blog:

http://thesunshineroom.com/2012/12/03/rafa-takes-the-call/

Comment

Thank you. It's much appreciated.

Comment

Love it. Feels true to life.

Comment

I love the explanation underneath.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X