No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was a hero, but he left us shortly after missing a sitter at Crewe which would've given us an FA Cup fourth round replay and a chance to reach the fifth round for the third time in our history...

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      It might be just me but the Q on the Quasar boots looked a lot like the Q logo used by Q-Force, the aquatic wing of Action Force. But a mash-up joke about that that might have been a niche 80s reference too far for BDG.
      It did indeed, now that you mention it.

One of the highlights of the V&A Museum of Childhood was the display case full of Action Force toys, all that remains of my once proud collection is the hull of the Red Shadows Shadow Trak in the bag of miscellaneous toys my parents keep in their attic for my kids to play with.

Comment

Wow is that still there? I'd like to see that.

Comment

As if by magic I met son of Mendonca yesterday when I was on the metro replacement bus. I didn’t mention his dad ‘trending’ on otf. Good job given the turn it has taken. Not that he was remotely interested in football, too busy with Dreyer frame composition and early Soviet montage

Comment

Mendonca, woa-oah
            Mendonca, Woa-ooh-oh-oah
            He scored in the play-offs
            His son's a movie buff

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              I'm keeping a keen eye out for Sammy Spoonbill from here on out, mind.
              Eh?

I have just realised the one reference I don't get is who the picture on Lineker's locker door (aside from Beardsley).

Comment

Bumsted

This week's "Who is..." is the tall chap on the right of the Adam Smith panel.

Comment

Ashley Barnes, I think,

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                    Ashley Barnes, I think,
                    Looks more like Chris Wood - the chin is distinctive.

Comment

"Throw him in a river to see if he be a demon" made me laugh.

Comment

I was, at best, only dimly aware of the Bob Paisley advert until it was referred to in this week's strip.

Bloody hell, bloody fucking hell. The absolute state of it.

Comment

Blimey

Comment

"Toe Curling " is appropriate I think.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                              "nightmare inducing" is appropriate I think.
                              Fixed that for you.

Comment

I love the Red Dwarf hologram reference.

Comment

That advert beats anything Squires could dream up. Fucking Nora. Anyway, why is Reina spitting?

Comment

The Black Parade Eric Dier is a new all time highlight for me.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 10-03-2020, 13:06.

Comment

Christ, I hadn't noticed the posters first time round. Brilliant.

Comment

"I prefer the West Country psychedelia of Flying Saucer Attack"

Comment

I'm tempted to carry a printout of that around as Lewington lives near me and I see him quite frequently.

Comment

Quite apart from the need to self-isolate, I may not go out to try and find Ray Lewington in Molesey and show him this week's strip;

"You did yeah, fair play"
                                            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 18-03-2020, 12:38.

Comment

West Ham v Jokerit was the first game I watched at home on Sky after I finally gave in and got a Skybox.

Comment

I love the way the boy Big Dave's draws Mo Salah. And James Milner, for that matter.

Comment

Roy's t-shirt and exclamation are the highlight for me this time round.

Comment

I just spotted "WORK R8".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X