Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Who is that with Miler's kids?

I presume the Mourinho frame is an emo reference but I don't get it?
    Danny Ings.

Mourinho has shaved his head completely.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
      Are the people in the West Ham picture Gold, Brady etc?

There was some story about someone proposing that homeless people sleep in wheelie bins, I presume that one of the lids had to be removed to make this possible. I only read the headline mind you and assumed at the start that it was a joke, but it wasn't a satire site
      It was a "millionaire inventor" who invented the wheelie bin solution to homelessness. I thought it was genuine not a spoof.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
        For some reason I'm troubled by thinking about what's happened to the lid of League Two's wheelie bin.
        Exeter have blown the lid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Mourinho has shaved his head completely.
          WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKING FUCK?!

Comment

Portuguese Dom

Comment

Is that an emo lyric that's been adapted with Luke Shaw's name (for some reason) instead of "yours" though? If not, it should be, very My Chems/FOB.

Why would Danny Ings want to stay with Milner, isn't he doing well at Soton. I am lost.

Comment

Trying to ingratiate himself with his new overlords.

Comment

No, I'm still lost on that one.

Comment

Comment

I thought Ray was asking about Ings

Comment

Yes, I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                          Why would Danny Ings want to stay with Milner, isn't he doing well at Soton. I am lost.
                          I assume that Ings got fed up with sorting Hasenhuttl's gloves so ran back to Liverpool.

And why wouldn't you want to stay with Milner? He's a reassuring presence.

Comment

And he never mentioned it again - https://www.theguardian.com/football...2-win-in-spain

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

I assume that Ings got fed up with sorting Hasenhuttl's gloves so ran back to Liverpool.
                              Ah, I didn't get the callback to the opening frame. Thanks.

I do like very meta strips like this week's. Poor show of Squires not to schedule his holiday during the winter break, mind.

Comment

Cheese y onion!

Oddly, considering it is about an England friendly at a time when my interest in football was only just about starting, I got all of the references - apart from the Sporting Triangle t-shirt.

Comment

I love DS's version of nostalgia. it seems a lot more truthful than other forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                                    I got all of the references - apart from the Sporting Triangle t-shirt.
                                    Missing the "S" at the end:

Comment

It might be just me but the Q on the Quasar boots looked a lot like the Q logo used by Q-Force, the aquatic wing of Action Force. But a mash-up joke about that that might have been a niche 80s reference too far for BDG.

Comment

"Quasar's patented stoat leather technology" creased me up, for some reason I fear I will never fully understand.

I'm keeping a keen eye out for Sammy Spoonbill from here on out, mind.

Comment

I think those awful kits they did for Charlton did irrevocable damage to Quasar's reputation. I just see Clive Mendonca wearing a shirt with the biggest, widest, ugliest placket ever buttoned up.

Comment

I taught Mendonca’s son a few years ago- a lovely lad and a full-on cinephile whose Cineclub choices were legend

Comment

I had a "poem" about Clive Mendonca published and then quoted in WSC...

Comment

Opening lines:

"Clive Mendonca,
                                                You absolute plonker"

??

Comment

So,
                                                  Farewell then,
                                                  Clive Mendonca.

Your surname rhymes with
                                                  Plonker.
                                                  This is apt.

Comment

So easily reworked to Clive Mendonkey.

(Although I remember him being pretty good, so he probably never got called that)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X