• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Eric Cantona has sorted next week's cartoon for Squires ;

(WARNING, NSFW and very very weird)

Comment

And it is gone . . .

Comment

Saved for posterity here if you really want to see it.

Comment

Somehow, I think that knowing it involves male private parts and the smashing of an egg is more than enough for me.

The euphemism sub-editors are going to earn their corn today.

Comment

Well, you can't make an omelette without...

Comment

Don't spoil BDG's gags

Comment

Today's must be his quickest turnaround yet.

BDG no longer graces us 'umble folk with his presence, but if he ever does I'd love to ask him how much of the strip he prepares before the games. Did he have a standby frame or two with gags we'll never see, like Klopp celebrating last night?

Comment

The concussion panel and final frame are classics.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                    Today's must be his quickest turnaround yet.

BDG no longer graces us 'umble folk with his presence, but if he ever does I'd love to ask him how much of the strip he prepares before the games. Did he have a standby frame or two with gags we'll never see, like Klopp celebrating last night?
                    He sometimes tweets about dropping certain frames/entire strips at the last minute due to circumstances (or even lawyers recently) so I presume he keeps a few different plotlines up in the air, as it were.

Comment

The unpublished strips, like headlines for election results that didn't happen, or ribbons on the FA Cup ... I would seriously buy a book of counterfactual cartoons.

Comment

What's the biro thing about? And who is the manager that we can't talk about? Benitez? And what exactly is going in the final panel?

Comment

Perhaps you may have seen that clip recently of Graeme Souness getting so worked up in the television studios about the jargon of modern football, so aggrieved by what he perceives to be the loss of old-fashioned values, that he has a fit of pique and ends up flinging his pen across the desk in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            And what exactly is going in the final panel?
                            https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1124974059429728256

Comment

Thanks both. That Warnock clip is really unsettling

Comment

I literally put down my tablet and left the room when it came up on my Twitter feed for the 15th time in ten minutes . . .

Comment

Clearly I'm the last person who would want to promulgate it but my mission to explain forces me to.

Comment

I may be literally be the last person to whom you need to explain that phenomenon . . .

Comment

Ha ha ha, good point.

Comment

He's just copying Eamon Dunphy from after the Egypt Game in Italia 90. It's kind of sad really.

Comment

Two referees providing the absolute highlights of this week's strip.

Comment

The Bullseye panel got a right proper cackle out of me.

Comment

Yep, the Bullseye panel was great but the last of the Summer Wine panel made me laugh out loud.

Comment

And Catchphrase too

Comment

What's the one after the last of the summer wine one?

Comment

https://twitter.com/RyanTaylorSport/status/1126236948673257474

Comment

Working...
                                                    X