No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to look up the text on Gunner-Walrus's frame, it appears to be an old meme but is there a more recent reference?

Comment

Lawd knows why I'm acting as his shill but it looks like you can buy prints of each week's cartoon from the current one onwards.

Comment

Brilliant stuff. Big Deeney.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-fa-cup-hubris

Comment

Though it looks like that's a replacement for a very interesting cartoon we've been denied ;

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1115370818727362560

Comment

I'm guessing BDG addressed the racism issue more directly than in the published strip, and the Guardian lawyers got nervous if he suggested a whole club or town was racist.

Comment

Who could possibly suggest a whole town is racist?

Comment

"(Ask your dad (to ask his dad))"

The wife just gave me a funny look because I got the giggles at this line.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                  Who could possibly suggest a whole town is racist?
                  Northampton's players were allegedly racially abused by (some of) the people of Nottingham on their way to the stadium on Saturday. That was what I was thinking of.

Comment

Bullshit Rodeo is now available as an A3 print

https://twitter.com/squires_david/st...003914753?s=19

Comment

In a double whammy for those of us in the "I don't get the frame where..." camp, Squires does 'Game of Thrones'.

I had to look up the dildo references but have nothing on the penultimate frame featuring Warnock, I presume it's some character from GoT's Rosebud moment?

Comment

I liked the Arlene-as-Lady-Whiteadder panel.

Comment

Yes, I found this week's impenetrable, having seen neither GoT nor any of this week's premier league stuff

Comment

I didn't get the dildo reference at all. I hadn't seen the Shay Given video either until after.

Comment

I got most of it. Far more than I was expecting given Ray's precis.

Comment

Originally posted by blameless View Post
                                I liked the Arlene-as-Lady-Whiteadder panel.
                                I originally thought it was big sam for some reason

Comment

The flying water tankers* gag couldn't have been 24 hours old when he wrote it. The lad has pace.

* It was Trump's tweeted "solution" for the fire at Notre Dame, only for numerous experts to respond within an hour that their use would threaten the structural viability of the entire cathedral.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    I didn't get the dildo reference at all. I hadn't seen the Shay Given video either until after.
                                    Ah, now I see https://talksport.com/football/52752...ford-west-ham/

Comment

Is that link NSFW, Rob?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        Is that link NSFW, Rob?
                                        As always, it depends where you work.
                                        No, it's fine, it only really registers as a sex toy because you're told it is.

A fine cartoon this week, even though I'm very much "I don't watch it mate".
                                        BDG's Australian timings mean he often comes up with a smart reference to overnight news, as in this case with Trump's flying water tankers.

Comment

An absolute belter this week. The best in ages.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Yep. And for once I 'got' most of it. Which kinda helps.
                                              Last edited by Capybara; 23-04-2019, 10:29.

Comment

Agreed,he nailed this one.

Comment

He really should have used the Anglesey defence.

Comment

That is marvellous. Strip of the year?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X