Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given his admission of concern over his Mourinho last week, Squires is taking a risk with that Carragher. I'm trying to think who it does actually look like : Joe Royle? A Simpsons character?

Comment

Dunno about Carragher but he's somehow managed to make Juanfran look even more haunted than he does in real life.

Comment

Part of his rant on Sky last night

"The Arsenal players are like a bunch of son-in-law's. What father would want their daughter to bring one of them home?"

Comment

Oh, good grief. What a twat. It's 'sons-in-law'

Comment

Just one more thing... as a former Liverpool player, would Fernando Torres ever touch a copy of the S*n?

Comment

PASSION

That's what Tony will bring.
              British facking passion, mate. He won't be afraid to kick them up the arse/ put an arm around their shoulder , but mostly it'll be about KICKING THEM UP THE ARSE!
              It's a bit like the whole Gibraltar situation really, innit?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ck-up-the-arse

Comment

Adam's time in charge of Granada seems likely to end in the same way as it did with a Sierra.

Comment

When I initially saw this, I thought he had been made manager of Grenada and thought that was enough of a stretch.

Actually, I have sympathy with Adams. I think that he has a lot of knowledge of and experience in coaching but can't, for the life of him, communicate this to others. Sporting Director/ of Football is the perfect role for him

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Part of his rant on Sky last night

"The Arsenal players are like a bunch of son-in-law's. What father would want their daughter to bring one of them home?"
                    I saw that rant live and struggle with the internal logic. When he first said they were "son-in-laws" I thought he was saying they were too nice to be winners, but wouldn't a father want his son-in-law to be nice?

Also, surely any father is likely to meet a prospective son-in-law well in advance of his daughter bringing them home? It would have worked better if he found a way of saying they were like your daughter's feckless boyfriend or something.

I'm probably putting too much thought in to it but I've got teenage daughters so the whole issue haunts my waking moments.

Comment

Reginald Christ wrote:
                      Originally posted by Sean of the Shed
                      Adam's time in charge of Granada seems likely to end in the same way as it did with a Sierra.
                      He's apparently invited Kieran Richardson and Nigel Reo-Coker to train with the first team with a view to becoming permanent signings. I'm not making this up.
                      And that was after saying in his first press conference that the club needed to sign more Spanish players as the current Granada squad was "too foreign". If it was anyone else I'd accuse them of being pissed.

Comment

Jamie carragher would be right to be furious if his daughter were to bring any of those arsenal players home. She's 12

Comment

Also, surely any father is likely to meet a prospective son-in-law well in advance of his daughter bringing them home?
                          Perhaps Carragher has been watching too many US movies and television shows?

The standard trope in such works for my entire lifetime is that the father has never seen the boyfriend until he first comes to the door to pick up the daughter for a date (usually a prom). I've always sort of wondered if that is how things actually work in mid-America.

Comment

....particularly in towns with 40 people. Perhaps it's just a jaded comic convention from a time when the sexes were a bit more segregated.

Comment

In small town mid-America he's probably already met them at most family gatherings.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: The standard trope in such works for my entire lifetime is that the father has never seen the boyfriend until he first comes to the door to pick up the daughter for a date (usually a prom). I've always sort of wondered if that is how things actually work in mid-America.
                                Obviously this is a stretch on plausibility. There certainly are dates to proms who parents haven't met, but that is more marriage-of-convenience prom dates. Like my nephew, who went to prom with a girl having actually broken up with her by text - feeling duty bound as the girl had already bought a dress.

Comment

I am not sure that Carragher gave it the forethought you are.

Comment

I need to be very clear on this, I wholeheartedly accept the concept of a father not meeting his daughter's boyfriend/date before he turns up at the door as such. However, I struggle with the idea that he would suddenly be introduced to his son-in-law, as Carragher implies.

Comment

It's funny, but Ray doesn't look like Ozzie Nelson

Comment

I'm guessing that the comments have not been open for this one because the Guardian didn't want to break the world record for the number of times the word "cunt" was used on one webpage.

Comment

I know I'm five or six days late, but having first met my girlfriend's parents at their flat when they invited me round for dinner to meet me, I'm interested to learn this is an unusual situation.

Comment

And on today's cartoon, it's always interesting to see it on the computer even though I nearly always read it on my tablet earlier in the day. Today, viewing it on my 7" tablet screen, I was wondering why he'd drawn the Guardian columnist with a pint of Guinness next to him. Glad to have that mystery cleared up.

Comment

Sam wrote: I know I'm five or six days late, but having first met my girlfriend's parents at their flat when they invited me round for dinner to meet me, I'm interested to learn this is an unusual situation.
                                              It's more a son-in-law being introduced to their parents for the first time. Most times, events play our as yours did.

Comment

That's what I thought, but that interpretation only got explicitly stated after about half a page of discussion. Glad I'm not a freak, though.

Comment

Absolute gold dust today. Hard to pick a favourite frame but probably the title one or the "hoolie firm" image :

Ridic

Comment

Both superb, but it was the Wenger one that did for me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X