Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

David Squires on … great British football own goals. Oh, and Article 50

Frankly this work of genius deserves to be sent into space, as a definitive record of human folly.

Comment

SOVEREIGNTY!
      Hahaha.

Comment

Nigel Farage's brogue. Nigel Farage generally. Brilliant.

Comment

"Leading Lobbers of Seaman."

Comment

The Michael Gove panel had me in tears. the corbyn panel is just a stab in the chest though.

Comment

As the forum's resident Corbynista, I'm bound to think that the satirical swipe at his tossing to the Mail is misplaced. No sense of humour, me.

But man, those sandals. I'm idling away in a staff room in a school in Cyprus, whilst a staff meeting goes on around me, and it was all I could manage to not burst out laughing.

Comment

The footware in the Johnson, Farage and Corbyn panels is great, as is the trip down memory lane for one of Crystal Palace's former sponsors.

Comment

"ooh 'eck"

Comment

The way he draws Farage with round teeth is clever. Captures his reptilian smile very well.

Comment

I still haven't worked out re: the FA Cup Quarters one how he'd managed to watch Robot Wars too...

Comment

Reasserting his authority with a statesmanlike volley into his own face.

I don't think any political commentator has summed the whole folly all up any better than in those 11 words.

Tremendous choice of ogs, presuming that Gary Neville v Croatia was too difficult to do. (That said, Enckelmann's is a better example of the keeper's miskick ouvre).

Comment

While the keepers are the ones at fault, it does annoy me when people say that they scored the OG, so well done for calling it Neville's, KGR.

Comment

Not only was the cartoon brilliant but watching the own goals again was fantastic. Can't believe Iain Dowie's classic was in there as well.

Comment

Bored, is the first time ever that you've not had to ask for any help with the references?

Comment

Probably is. A result of the references being to own goals that I could look up on Youtube, Brexit and previous BDG running gags that I have already asked about, I think.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: AE, Janet is an everywoman character that appears episodically in BDG's work.

He speaks about her in this webchat
                                  Cheers for that UA, been a while since I checked this thread.

Comment

"Producing accurate portraits is easy...

Comment

Thing with Squires' Mourinho, is that these days I just think of Mourinho's actual face as being the flawed copy.

Comment

Sam Allardyce as The Joker is just stunning.

Comment

Daily Hate
                                          Now 100% Insane

Comment

It's the little things, like the adverts behind Jose's head in the final frame...

Comment

Honourable mentions to Defoe's thousand-yard stare and the indignant look on Rui Faria's face as if even he's had enough of this shit.

Comment

Crusoe wrote: Sam Allardyce as The Joker is just stunning.
                                                Yep, utterly brilliant

Comment

The abominable Ian Marshall.

Comment

£15 holidays in Spain because irony

Ooh. My sides.
                                                    I was wondering why Tony Adams was drawn disco-dancing wearing a hideous suit until I saw the article further down the Guardian site.

Granada. What the fuck have you done?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X